project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2023-11-21, 05:07   #1
dcm1
Default Why is PR so dead now?

Last couple of months I noticed that PR's player numbers have cratered. Even during peak times the servers aren't fully full. I really dont play that much anymore, because I have little to no interest to do so. Did everyone just lose interest in PR around the same time as me or what?

P.S. I dont really play any other games either. Tarkov, Squad, Battlefield are all dead to me. PR is the last game I can still somewhat enjoy.
dcm1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-22, 07:37   #2
Kwalc297
Supporting Member
Default Re: Why is PR so dead now?

Combination of no north american server being up and several titles being released/updated recently. Plus many people don't play in the EU server because of high ping.

Kwalc297 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-28, 15:49   #3
dcm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwalc297 View Post
Combination of no north american server being up and several titles being released/updated recently. Plus many people don't play in the EU server because of high ping.
I got no problem playing on eu servers. Yeah my ping is in the low 100s but I manage. No, I think the bigger problem is that PR is like shambling zombie or Frankenstein's monsters. Not knowing that it's effectively dead, but kept alive through the sheer love and will of it's players. I really want to revive PR. It's still the best tactical milsim FPS out there. Fuck squad, fuck arma and fuck all other posers. They aint got shit on PR.
Old 2023-11-30, 18:28   #4
Kwalc297
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm1 View Post
I got no problem playing on eu servers. Yeah my ping is in the low 100s but I manage. No, I think the bigger problem is that PR is like shambling zombie or Frankenstein's monsters. Not knowing that it's effectively dead, but kept alive through the sheer love and will of it's players. I really want to revive PR. It's still the best tactical milsim FPS out there. Fuck squad, fuck arma and fuck all other posers. They aint got shit on PR.
I wasn't referring to you personally. I have no qualms about playing in higher ping servers either, however, from experience I know that North Americans are far less inclined to play in a Euro server than the other way around. With the player base the way it is now, you need maximum participation from the remaining players. HOG becoming unplayable at times and a switch to another server puts a dent into said participation.

Kwalc297 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-22, 11:00   #5
robert357

Sounds more like server bias.
robert357 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-29, 17:48   #6
[R-DEV]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Developer

we need skins and emotes to revive PR

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-29, 18:26   #7
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mectus11 View Post
we need skins and emotes to revive PR
...and loot boxes, of course.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-01, 02:14   #8
BRZbruh

Theres been several times within the past two months where the weekend player count exceeded 600 players. Its been low on NA during the weekdays because U777 managed to take over partially.
BRZbruh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-01, 15:58   #9
[R-CON]​PotatoLord
PR:BF2 Contributor

Full servers and daily development for the next update hardly means the game is going under, player counts will be highest during the summer because that's when people who attend school or uni have the most time
PotatoLord is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-01, 21:05   #10
dcm1

The (supposed) death of hog is not the issue. My problem lies with PR just feeling so dead now. I feel like all the skilled players have either quit or moved on. I met other pr players in tarkov and post scriptum. None of them want to come back. They just lost interest in PR. Like I did, too. What happened? What players quit and took all of PR with them? Was there some weird psychic message broadcasted when they quit or something?