project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-20, 16:58   #11
Griffon2-6

Ok, now my map CTDs at loading Geometries, 62% (the part that takes the longest time). The error message reads that it can not find a texture in the colormaps folder called tx_s0.dds. However, it is not supposed to be looking for this file, as NONE of the maps I have generated have this file. Would resaving the colormaps be the solution?

I have also set up the map for displaying custom skins, but the instructions I found on the BFEditor site written by Croupier were old, and I do not know if they work anymore. The update by BF2C Token was not specific, and I could not figure out how putting the Objects_client.zip in the map folder would make the editor autoload the objects. My map is not packed. Can someone write a short tutorial on how to add the custom skins, and if the only problem is the packing, how to pack the map? Thanks.

More screenshots to follow once the CTD issue is resolved.
Old 2006-08-20, 20:34   #12
BlakeJr
Retired PR Developer

Try this on for size....
It's a ridiculously poor attempt and I am not satisfied and will work on it.
It's a learning experience for me too.

Anyway, you might want to play around with this while I continue to work on it on my end...
Hope the attachement thingie works....

P.s I forgot to rename the file back to it's original. All you have to do is remove the "2" from the name and for gods sake, don't forget to backup YOUR original before you start messing with it

Anyway, here goes...

{ pretty sig removed construction on new one has not begun }
... yet ...
Last edited by BlakeJr; 2006-08-25 at 16:25..
Old 2006-08-20, 20:50   #13
Griffon2-6

I don't need to back it up, I copy it into the level directory.

And ummm... You made the PRC flag into the Taiwan flag... It was supposed to be either the US or the MEC. I am having the PLA attack Taiwan.... lol.
Old 2006-08-20, 20:58   #14
BlakeJr
Retired PR Developer

I'll fix that. But you will have to wait until tuesday to get it as I'll be out of town til then.

(I'm going to intercept Thomazz in Copenhagen but don't tell him that! )

... yet ...
Old 2006-08-20, 21:00   #15
Griffon2-6

How about you matt.b? Are you typing a tutorial or summat? You've been on this thread for 5 minutes.
Old 2006-08-22, 02:10   #16
Griffon2-6

Ok, I got it working now, but the surrounding terrain is VERY buggy (they're 150m tall and drop off after 5m of distance), so you guys are going to have to wait for a while, but screenshots of the first CP that the Chinese must capture are coming soon. I also need to fix the roads, as they keep disappearing under the terrain, and mow the lawn in some parts.
Old 2006-08-22, 06:29   #17
Dylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon2-6
Ok, I got it working now, but the surrounding terrain is VERY buggy (they're 150m tall and drop off after 5m of distance), so you guys are going to have to wait for a while, but screenshots of the first CP that the Chinese must capture are coming soon. I also need to fix the roads, as they keep disappearing under the terrain, and mow the lawn in some parts.
The SAME thing happened to my ST. DO NOT CLICK SMOOTH EDGES!!! That TOTALLY F'ed it up. Took me 1 1/2 hours to just lower 80 percent. Fog should take care of the stuff far away.

Btw, looking forward for a beta of your map. Sounds kinda intresting. Were both what, first time mappers right? :P Anyways, sounds like fun.
Old 2006-08-22, 11:33   #18
Griffon2-6

Yeah, we are. Thanks for the advice, I didn't even know what that did. So how do I activate the surrounding terrain?
Old 2006-08-22, 17:54   #19
BlakeJr
Retired PR Developer

New, flags_c.dds with Taiwan in one of the more right places....
Replaced US with Taiwan this time.

Ok, now you can come back with feedback because this one I feel... I don't know... about...

The name of the zip file is the same as last time so delete the old one or replace it with this one:
Hope this one is more to your liking...

... yet ...
Last edited by BlakeJr; 2006-08-25 at 16:25..
Old 2006-08-22, 18:39   #20
Griffon2-6

Thanks Blake.
Closed Thread

Tags
map, scrapped, taipei, wip