project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2010-06-19, 19:06   #1
PartyRobot
Unhappy [Solved] PR:BF2 installing problem need help

well i just found out about PR and seemed really fun to me, so i decide to go on over to the download page, i donwload part 1 from the site i click the set up the setup appears then dissapears really fast then start to make my comp go really slow anyone know how i can fix this?
Last edited by SnipingCoward; 2010-06-24 at 14:41.. Reason: solved, therefore locked. Thx for posting back :-)
Old 2010-06-20, 20:30   #2
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR:BF2 installing problem need help

Hello and welcome to the forums!

First, you need both parts, 1 & 2. Then, after you have started the setup, you have to wait till the installer window pops up. This can take really long time depending on your computer speed. I've seen reports of 10 minutes of wait times so be patient. Your computer slowness is part of this install process as Windows have to check integrity of the file before setup can continue
Old 2010-06-21, 01:46   #3
PartyRobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless_noob View Post
Hello and welcome to the forums!

First, you need both parts, 1 & 2. Then, after you have started the setup, you have to wait till the installer window pops up. This can take really long time depending on your computer speed. I've seen reports of 10 minutes of wait times so be patient. Your computer slowness is part of this install process as Windows have to check integrity of the file before setup can continue
thx man i just thought my computer was being crappy, thanks lots , i will be more paitnent this time
Old 2010-06-21, 03:11   #4
havoc1482

Yeah. Try disabling UAC (User Account Control). You know those boxes that pop up when you want to run something that say Cancel or Allow? This turns that off so the PR Setup will load faster. You might have experienced this same thing with BF2 patches. I know I have.

Try looking at this link: http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm
Old 2010-06-24, 00:46   #5
PartyRobot

Alright problem fixed been playing for a while and its really fun thx for all the help guys

Tags
installing, prbf2, problem, solved