project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2014-01-10, 02:44   #51
[R-DEV]​Insanitypays
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: [Map] Western New York (2km) [WIP]

A few years back I imagined a map taking place in the Mojave desert. The idea was to pitch the US against China in some large scale vehicle warfare. My idea included a highway, USMC base, and a town branching off the highway with gas stations, fast food joints, and a truck stop. The names I had in mind were "Mojave Thunder" and "California 62".

Your map reminded me of my old idea
Nice work so far, I'm happy to see a mapper finally working on a level in the US.

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." -Mark Twain
Insanitypays is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 00:36   #52
tankninja1

Been busy with school, but I have managed to make some progress on mapping the roads and smoothing terrain.

Haven't gotten to making spawn places for teams but what would the people like to see? I know that the USMC will be BLUFOR but what should be OPFOR?

1. MEC (forest textures)
2. PLA
3. Russia
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 01:14   #53
[R-DEV]​Insanitypays
PR:BF2 Developer

In my opinion Russia is out of the question here- they're strong, but their strengths are primarily on land. A coastal Invasion would be left to MEC or China. China has better gear in my opinion, but being based in the gulf, MEC has the natural resources to create and supply an overseas army- based on my perception each soldier is less expensive to kit compared to China.
Also the Chinese or Russians would have to go through either European seas or the Pacific (Japan, Australia, Philippines) in order to reach the US. Again, given the location of MEC forces, they are more capable of undertaking such an endeavor were they to destroy whatever's left of US naval+air defenses. A united Middle East would be VERY powerful, so I'd go with MEC.

For the defense, I'd put the US Army/National Guard defending New York instead of Marines. The army has more of a foundation there as far as I know. With the US so spread out, you might want to consider having a layer with Canadians as well.

For future reference:
If the Scenario took place in Southern California, Nevada, or the southern US, I'd have the garrison as marines. If it's in New York, the Northern US, or Texas, I'd go with Army/NG. Any mountainous regions are good areas to have insurgency with American militias.
If you get more mappers, I would say there's good potential for a US invasion community project. I'd be happy to lend a hand (texturing/modelling) if that becomes a reality.

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." -Mark Twain
Insanitypays is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 01:17   #54
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

honestly mate take some advice from someone who has made all the mistakes, ignore the team choices

that can come later concentrate on getting the statics and terrain done first

edit, once you have a good working proof of concept the rest of the team could assist in getting your mottly crew of US defenders in line. You could have a mix of ACU and MARPAT, who knows?! but it's all academic until a working template is in order, so concentrate on the map's bare bones

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 01:24   #55
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
honestly mate take some advice from someone who has made all the mistakes, ignore the team choices

that can come later concentrate on getting the statics and terrain done first

edit, once you have a good working proof of concept the rest of the team could assist in getting your mottly crew of US defenders in line. You could have a mix of ACU and MARPAT, who knows?! but it's all academic until a working template is in order, so concentrate on the map's bare bones
Why not throw in some Canadian assets too? :P

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 20:48   #56
Dethorath

Would love to see this map and a US rebel faction that could fight the Chinese or whoever with AR-15's, hunting rifles, shotguns and US military supplied drops.
Dethorath is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 20:49   #57
Dethorath

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Insanitypays View Post
In my opinion Russia is out of the question here- they're strong, but their strengths are primarily on land. A coastal Invasion would be left to MEC or China. China has better gear in my opinion, but being based in the gulf, MEC has the natural resources to create and supply an overseas army- based on my perception each soldier is less expensive to kit compared to China.
Also the Chinese or Russians would have to go through either European seas or the Pacific (Japan, Australia, Philippines) in order to reach the US. Again, given the location of MEC forces, they are more capable of undertaking such an endeavor were they to destroy whatever's left of US naval+air defenses. A united Middle East would be VERY powerful, so I'd go with MEC.

For the defense, I'd put the US Army/National Guard defending New York instead of Marines. The army has more of a foundation there as far as I know. With the US so spread out, you might want to consider having a layer with Canadians as well.

For future reference:
If the Scenario took place in Southern California, Nevada, or the southern US, I'd have the garrison as marines. If it's in New York, the Northern US, or Texas, I'd go with Army/NG. Any mountainous regions are good areas to have insurgency with American militias.
If you get more mappers, I would say there's good potential for a US invasion community project. I'd be happy to lend a hand (texturing/modelling) if that becomes a reality.
I second this.
Dethorath is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-10, 15:52   #58
tankninja1

Unfortunately I lost it on my old hard drive. I also decided to work on a different couple of maps.
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2km, 2kmconcept, map, western, wip, york