project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2015-12-31, 15:54   #1
Flash.#13
Thumbs down Global Ban System, or GBS

Hi guys, it sad, but few days before I was banned on one of the servers, I log out and forgot about game. After few weeks I log in game and find so I can't play on most of the servers. After that some admin says that I trap in global ban. But I not remember any warning and not understand what is happen, and why I cant play on another servers. In bf2 and bf3 there is no global banning system, and when some player get ban, he still can play. But here in PR is something wrong with that. Also why game system banning people without time limit? Few weeks pass. In PSN exist some limit in five days, in cs limit in week, in bf3 limit too. I think developers like to ban people without reason, and only because this here in PR not much players.
And now i must to leave the game, forever, because I do something very very wrong, and it's not matter that I not realizing what it was. But God bless the admins, and they can ban everybody play anywhere, nice work, the game was killed...

I hope my language not kill you off, I from Russia, without hope for humanity...
Old 2015-12-31, 16:20   #2
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Global Ban System, or GBS

How to get unbanned.
1. Remember on which server you got banned.
2. Find their forums.
3. Find their reports section.
4. Appeal ban on SERVER forums, NOT PR forums.

There's no global ban system in PR but rather admins cooperating in banning toxic players from community. So if you're banned from all the servers, probably it's mean that you deserved it.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
Old 2015-12-31, 16:21   #3
X-Alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rPoXoTauJIo View Post
How to get unbanned.
There's no global ban system in PR but rather admins cooperating in banning toxic players from community. So if you're banned from all the servers, probably it's mean that you deserved it.
A few servers have been known to be a little bit too happy to go into the server admin forums and get people globally banned. I remember the horror stories that some higher up admins told me. He sounds like he may have done something stupid, but let's not dismiss him as some toxic trash, especially looking at how long he's played.
Last edited by X-Alt; 2015-12-31 at 16:31..
Old 2015-12-31, 16:38   #4
Flash.#13

It's be a long road to get unban. If there is no global ban system, that mean that I must go for at least for five servers and write for unban, because I not remember where I was banned. As I know they say me to wait at least a month, and mostly admins not care nothing except donate money. In BF2 and BF3 always was a nice support site, where everybody can see why he banned and for how long time. It sucks.
Old 2015-12-31, 17:27   #5
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

As others have said, find the servers you are banned on and write an appeal on their personal forums. These forums and the PR team do not involve themselves in server management. Neither is there a global ban system in PR. Server owners do share information to get hackers and griefers banned on multiple servers, but this is up to individual server owners to decide.

You'll find the websites and contact info in these threads:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f29...erver-feedback

Good luck! And your English is more then good!

Closed Thread

Tags
ban, gbs, global, system