project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-01-19, 04:41   #1
NegoDoBorel
Default Play larger Coop maps. How to.

Is there any way to play the "Deployment" maps in "Coop" ? I mean, play with bots, but with larger maps and more flags. The "Coop" maps are boring and small. But anyway, if it's possible, just tell me how to do. I'm probably the only person that play with bots instead of real players. Thank you.
NegoDoBorel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 10:49   #2
xantis
Default Re: Play larger Coop maps. How to.

There are big maps (4x4 km) available in local coop. I am not sure if it is possible to play with more than 32 bots (but I am quite sure that there is a way to extend it). You can put up to all bots to opposite side to make it more challenging (but do not expect to win).

But you can also go to coop servers, I am quite sure I have played recently 40vs40 (players vs bots). Also - there are loads of big maps (2x2, 4x4km - you can mapvote them).
xantis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 15:04   #3
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Yes...?

http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_9.html

Quote:
Increasing Singleplayer Bots

To increase the number of bots used in singleplayer mode, go to your \Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\AI directory and open the file aidefault.ai with Notepad or Wordpad (make sure to create a backup copy of it first). Read the instructions in the file which basically involves placing the word REM in front of each of the first 5 lines starting with 'aiSettings.set', then removing the REM's in front of the next 4 lines starting with 'aiSettings.set'. Change the number at the end of the aiSettings.setMaxNBots 32 line to determine the number of bots to use (e.g. aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64 for 64 bots). Note that more bots can really stress your system and hence destabilize it, causing a crash back to desktop - particularly for those with older CPUs. For example, 64 bots on most older systems will cause a crash.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 15:06   #4
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

There is coop on quite a few(if not all?) 4km maps already.

you can have 48 bots max if you set the number of players (humans) to less than 16 IIRC.
If you want more you have to edit files in the mod.

Ason is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
coop, larger, maps, play