project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-01-26, 02:01   #1
007.SirBond
Default UPDATE THE DOWNLOADS PAGE

Right now the downloads page of the website still makes it look like it's a mod that requires BF2.

Downloads | Project Reality

I told a few people about this game, but when I check if they downloaded it, they always say. "Ohh I thought I needed Battlefield 2 to play it."

It should be titled stand alone and no mention of battlefield 2 at all.
007.SirBond is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 03:03   #2
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: UPDATE THE DOWNLOADS PAGE

It does say it.

But yeah i agree it could be made more obvious, i still get comments on the trailer asking if the game still requires bf2. How we make it more obvious i don't know, perhaps define the word standalone somewhere?

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 03:54   #3
007.SirBond

You should know that majority of people on the internet and gamers in general do not read small fine print texts.

I worked in marketing and advertisements. You can create a banner with a big message saying, FREE MONEY and a fine print that says it's not real. You will still receive plenty of traffic.
007.SirBond is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 12:14   #4
qs-racer
Supporting Member

Aslo on the installer, it says the game need to be install on BF2 directory, you should update this too
qs-racer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 21:45   #5
c4ke

Yeah I agree. I've been telling one of my friends about this game and in the event he might download PR, he'll probably be confused since I told him it was standalone and all.
c4ke is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
downloads, page, update