project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2019-05-13, 16:39   #1
kappa007
Default bf2 original sandbox with pr assets

hello guys, i was wondering if you could take the assets from project reality and put them inside the corresponding bf2 folder to see if they would work, i tried it with the t62 but upon loading a map in my bf2 sandbox it simply crashed, did i miss some files that i needed to copy over? i simply took 2 files from the client and server .rar file and put them in bf2 client - server, help is welcome.
kappa007 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 16:47   #2
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: bf2 original sandbox with pr assets

This post should be in Community Modding I guess?

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 16:51   #3
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: bf2 original sandbox with pr assets

It is possible but it isn't as simple as moving one folder as there are many sounds, HUD files, common textures etc that are used by a vehicle such as the T-62 throughout the mod and you would need to merge all the required files along with it. Not to mention that our T-62 would be in our code standards and not in vBF2 ones so it would either be super strong, or super weak, vs a vBF2 tank and would also be multi-crewed etc.

Also not to mention that if you plan to redistribute any of our work, you would need our permission first. But for your own personal use it is fine to do, but still not as straight forward as just copy and paste.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote