project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2020-12-11, 01:16   #1
WingWalker
Default Orig Map Vote system Modable?

Is the original map vote system able to be limited to only a few votes for maps to be put up?

Or is it hard coded to the vanilla way of endless map vote spam the whole round by morons?

I like when admins do a complex, multi level vote, but it would be nice to have it back. During low population times when a 4k map loads, or on a server with no admin.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-11, 01:20   #2
Coalz101
Default Re: Orig Map Vote system Modable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
Is the original map vote system able to be limited to only a few votes for maps to be put up?

Or is it hard coded to the vanilla way of endless map vote spam the whole round by morons?

I like when admins do a complex, multi level vote, but it would be nice to have it back. During low population times when a 4k map loads, or on a server with no admin.
A server shouldn't be running with no admins. Just saying, I believe that's a violation of the server license.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-11, 01:21   #3
Smol Shrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
A server shouldn't be running with no admins. Just saying, I believe that's a violation of the server license.
lol, say that to Hog admins.
Smol Shrum is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-11, 11:13   #4
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I dont think the BF2 system is modable and it certainly would be easier to use our existing map vote system. We could think about adding auto mapvotes that are somehow configurable when no admin is around. A more simple solution would be for admins to set up some low-pop/seeding maplist and then set the first of that list as next when server starts or last admin leaves.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-11, 16:53   #5
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

As Mats said, the BF2 map voting system is hardcoded. If changes are needed, modifying our voting system is a way better option.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-13, 11:23   #6
WingWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
I dont think the BF2 system is modable and it certainly would be easier to use our existing map vote system. We could think about adding auto mapvotes that are somehow configurable when no admin is around. A more simple solution would be for admins to set up some low-pop/seeding maplist and then set the first of that list as next when server starts or last admin leaves.
I think something like that would have tangible benefits in not just seeding, but keeping players on a server in general.

I personally like the experience of a low server population, and I know I regularly see others that show up for the same. I think we usually join to play the map that we see running, and to have that more personal match up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smol Shrum View Post
lol, say that to Hog admins.
Its not just HOG, nearly every server has no admin at one time or another while there are players on.

HOG isn't that bad, try Russian Reality, or SSG some time.

That iss funny, people used to complain because HOG admins were too effective.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote