project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2020-12-10, 17:15   #1
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

Default PR: Where losing a round by a landslide can lead to the best moments

I was playing a round the other day with a full server on Dragon Fly AAS. The AT cannons killed our APCs, the infantry squads couldn't cross the river, and their defenses only got stronger as the round went along. But the great thing about PR is that even with all the rules required for this style of game, it offers more freedom than just about any FPS you can think of. So instead of going for those capture points, we assaulted the southern end of the map which had a heavily defended bridge. It took several tries, but we took the buildings opposite the river and killed an APC that came to support. It had zero bearing on the outcome of the game, but it still felt like a great accomplishment and was fun. Yes, the flags are the objectives of the map and offer places for combat to be focused, but throughout the course of every AAS or INS game so many other objectives come about just from the other team trying to outplay you. So what can you do when you are losing badly and see no hope of winning the round? You create your own objectives and turn those into your victories.
I'm not discouraging playing the objectives with the rest of the team, but we all have those rounds where it is a landslide loss and just get frustrated because maybe it was the third loss in a row.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 23:22   #2
JamesRyan123

Default Re: PR: Where losing a round by a landslide can lead to the best moments

i lose three rounds with the same team

and i disconnect
JamesRyan123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-15, 12:22   #3
WingWalker
Default Re: PR: Where losing a round by a landslide can lead to the best moments

Why does it matter so much that you win or loose the round?
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-15, 17:15   #4
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
Why does it matter so much that you win or loose the round?
Indeed, unless it is a steam roll victory or defeat, the game is fun either way

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-12, 14:00   #5
rogdozz

Having fun just depends on how competent your team is. If the other team is even more competent and wins, I'm okay with that, its still fun.

Whats not fun is when your team loses because they don't communicate, don't go for objectives, don't build fobs, and so on
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote