project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
27 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2023-02-01, 15:44   #1
Anglo_
Default Finally update the British marksmen

I assumed this suggestion would've come up before but I haven't found a thread so if I'm repeating someone sorry

Every seasoned PR player will know and loath the current marksmen for the British, the L86 LSW. Disliked mainly due to its dated SUSAT sight that makes accuracy hard for many, but mainly for me at least I loath it because it has been obsolete and out of service with the British for over ten years. So these are my proposals breed some new life into the British marksmen kit:

Suggestion 1:

Replace the L86 with the L129A1 Sharpshooter. This is the current sharpshooter weapon for the British army and obviously the most ideal suggestion. However I understand making a new gun from scratch may take time and the devs probably have more important features to work on which brings me to suggestion 2

Suggestion 2:

Replace the L86 with the HK417. The HK417 is already an asset in the game, and in the late 2000s when the British army were trying to replace the L86 (to my knowledge don't take it as the gospel) the Hk417 was one of the runners up to get the contract. In addition, the HK was used by special forces, and I think was used in limited numbers/trialled by British soldiers on operation in Afghanistan. So perhaps giving the Brits the HK417 wouldn't be totally inaccurate.

Suggestion 3:

Give the L86 fully automatic capability. The L86 was select fire and not single shot only, so giving it its automatic capability might give it capabilities and at least make it unique among the other sharpshooter kits

Anglo_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-01, 17:42   #2
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default Re: Finally update the British marksmen

We are quite aware of the weapon's use in the British army, but weapon models do not pop into existance because someone creates a thread for it.

If we don't have a model or suitable replacement we'll continue to use what we have until somebody finds the time to make it. Most people on the team however are either not too versed in terms of modelling(and thus have to learn it as well as "buying" the necessary programs to pick up such a task) because they are doing other things already OR, if they have the basic necessities already, mostly have something else they much rather work on.

Now, if you want to volunteer, that's something else, then it'd actually be worthwhile to have a conversation over this. But if you're here to.... say, more or less "demand", then I'm afraid the weapon will have to wait for its introduction longer - or might not see the light of day at all.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-01, 19:00   #3
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
We are quite aware of the weapon's use in the British army, but weapon models do not pop into existance because someone creates a thread for it.

If we don't have a model or suitable replacement we'll continue to use what we have until somebody finds the time to make it. Most people on the team however are either not too versed in terms of modelling(and thus have to learn it as well as "buying" the necessary programs to pick up such a task) because they are doing other things already OR, if they have the basic necessities already, mostly have something else they much rather work on.

Now, if you want to volunteer, that's something else, then it'd actually be worthwhile to have a conversation over this. But if you're here to.... say, more or less "demand", then I'm afraid the weapon will have to wait for its introduction longer - or might not see the light of day at all.
Ok. What programs do you use for making models? Blender is free right?
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-01, 21:25   #4
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

I personally use 3DSMax since it has a variety of export tools tailored to make our lives easier in the later stages of the creation process.

If it's just the model, I don't believe any particular program is required HOWEVER I should stress that this is just me guessing right now and you best ask somebody from the team via PM.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-02, 00:59   #5
labonte95
Supporting Member

I'm one of those weirdos that loves the SUSAT sight but I agree the british marksman is in desperate need for an upgrade. I think having full auto capabilities would definitely help make it unique and a lot more viable than its current state.

Thanks to WarEagle751 for the Signature pic!
labonte95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-02, 01:13   #6
Corvin

With huge AR nerf imo all old full auto Marksman kits should get it's full auto back
Corvin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-02, 02:37   #7
Anglo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post

Yeah I understand you have a tuff job and I am not a programmer or coder which is why I gave multiple solutions and admitted that being a dev wasn’t an easy job. If you don’t like my opinion fair enough but don’t have a go at me for putting a suggestion in the suggestion forum
Anglo_ is offline Reply With Quote