project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2007-01-07, 21:38   #21
Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMad
Hm, from the screenshots it looks very tight. Opening it up a bit by spacing buildings a bit more might be worth trying.

Its not that tight, believe its wide and open

New screenshots :

I have a few mountines and 2 waterfalls, but they are WIP so i cant post them

i also get this problem now : The editor crashes when i try to edit the terrain i.e. i want to lower the terrain or rise it, it crashes all the time
Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 01:18   #22
V3N0N_br

Just watch those crates on the last screen.
I personnaly think you don't have to put so many to provide a nice firefight, quantity is not necessarily the most important. Also it might lag a bit, sometimes.

I liked the wide avenue though. You might add a splitter and some light poles for a bit cover and to make it look a bit more realistic as well =)

Another thing. USE WALLs. you told me you were using lots of the destroyable ones, that's cool

IMO walls are essentials. It gives a big detail on realism and also improves firefights. I made lots of mistakes in my maps by not adding enough walls, it gives a lot of work but the result is much better. Since BF2 doesn't provide many different models of wall, the best thing to do is vary the positioning and the depth the static is in the ground...
V3N0N_br is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 01:58   #23
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

Lightbulb

coming along good...

a couple comments if you dont mind...

i wonder why the boxes are in those positions? i think they look like you just made afun fighting grid... which is cool BUT even more cool is laying them out according to function..ok so why are those boxes there? how do they move them? what is inside? weapons? cabbage? do you need a table in there for making deals? or perhaps a small shack where the seller chills out on hot days? right now there isnt enough story in those boxes (sounsd weird i know) but this is what gives life to the level...

i think you have some "story" in other pics that i can see...make sure there is purpose for everything and the level will feel much more immersive...

looks damn big!!!!!! aside from that very good alignment...everything looks ubber straight!

IronTaxi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 13:37   #24
Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]IronTaxi
coming along good...

a couple comments if you dont mind...

i wonder why the boxes are in those positions? i think they look like you just made afun fighting grid... which is cool BUT even more cool is laying them out according to function..ok so why are those boxes there? how do they move them? what is inside? weapons? cabbage? do you need a table in there for making deals? or perhaps a small shack where the seller chills out on hot days? right now there isnt enough story in those boxes (sounsd weird i know) but this is what gives life to the level...

i think you have some "story" in other pics that i can see...make sure there is purpose for everything and the level will feel much more immersive...

looks damn big!!!!!! aside from that very good alignment...everything looks ubber straight!

the crates got their via a Forklift (which is not shown in the pic )

lol, i will remove them , they are there to remind me to do something which i now forget

- i just found out the destroyable walls arent really destroyable lol, so i will work on those to make em destroyable!!!

thanks for the comments guys. keep em coming in so i can give it a more of a reaslism affect to it.

Poles will be added later on, after the texturing has been finished (just so i know exactly were to place them).

, i also have a few cars in the river lol....right now i am more working on the terrain - cause it needs to look realisitc. and water falls, i will workon islandcity_1 (hown in the ss above). when i get more free time.

Although right about now i have around 877 objects, good or bad ? cause theres a long way to go (i have to fine-tune islandcity_2 and the chemical factory + asylumn)

What do you guys think of a Xtract version as well ?
Old 2007-01-08, 14:14   #25
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

no problem on the object count..and i like the boxes!!! justmake sure they are there for some purpose...why not make it an arms dealing market or something!!!!

IronTaxi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 18:12   #26
Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]IronTaxi
no problem on the object count..and i like the boxes!!! justmake sure they are there for some purpose...why not make it an arms dealing market or something!!!!

You know...that is awsome.

Hmm, are there any "open" crates ? after nosing around i havent seen one, although i may have missed it cause i was at college and i kept getting "distracted".

Also, i might add some weapons (Pickupable lol) and static weapons...

your a genius, thanks irontaxi!

Keep the suggestions coming in folks!!
Old 2007-01-31, 02:20   #27
CENINJA

I think your map will turn out awesome.
CENINJA is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
alfaz, map, scrapped, wip