project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2018-07-10, 01:41   #11
Coalz101
Default Re: Increase engineer mine marker limit to 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
Pretty much what the title says.

Currently after you placed 3 mines - and their markers - you have to annoy the commander or the SL to mark the other ones.

10 should be a reasonable limit to prevent spam on the map.

It's a 'minefield' marker, not a freaking 'mine' marker. Get that in your head.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 08:39   #12
Geronimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
It's a 'minefield' marker, not a freaking 'mine' marker. Get that in your head.
No, it is not.
Geronimo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 10:43   #13
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
No, it is not.
It is. Difreant problem is that people cant use eyes.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 20:51   #14
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
It is. Difreant problem is that people cant use eyes.
we need minefield markers based on a radius, so it's easier to just put like 1 mine field marker with a circle around it about 25 meters in diameter and such
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 18:09   #15
blayas

I find this question relevant, mainly because I usually build large defensive mine belts to protect caches or to block access areas to the enemy.

Sometimes I work alone but when it is possible I create a squad with friends, specialized in construction of defensive sectors and belts of mines, it is usually a very effective way to defend and quite exhaustive and demoralizing for the adversary , since the mines are a means incredible to defend, in addition to causing casualties, delay the movements of opponents leaving vulnerable to defenders pre-positioned beyond the psychological effect involved.
When we build a defensive belt we usually ask the other squads to defend another cache to allow us to defend what we have mined because as installers of the mines we have more skill to move between them, eventually we get the support of one or two squads that are promptly oriented on the position of mines and gaps purposely left to receive reinforcements and logistics.

For organization reasons and optimization in mines installation, we always count on a logistic operator to bring new ammunition, all areas are divided into sectors and receive different degrees of priority and density of mines based on the possibility of the opponent to come first in certain areas, the installation is always done as an onion, preparing the outer areas first and then the inner layers.
Personally I like to name each of mine mine based on the sector and the number of installation for ex 15a - 12b, I seem a maniac with it hehehe but it helps a lot in the time to make the reposition of mines removed by any tk 's or enemies.

For all that I have said, one of our great efforts was always with regard to marking these mines, so I usually go into the position of commander and mark all the places that are being filled, it is a very exhausting task and it takes a lot of time that could be used for positioning more mines, the limited individual markers are reserved only for the final closing of the belt or for installation of mines in the outermost layers at possible points of passage of the enemy, I would like there to see some change in these marking mechanics so that we could obtain more individual marks and some special mark of "mined zone" that could be placed as secondary button right mark.

For the examples below, all markings are true and contain at least one mine, usually the marks work as a mined zone containing 2 to 3 mines scattered within a radius of up to 5 meters from the mark for each mark.

blayas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 22:04   #16
WeeGeez
Supporting Member

Quote:
Thats a good tactic.

Cheap computer build / fast track upgrade for slow computer for PR > Guide
WeeGeez is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
engineer, increase, limit, marker, mine