project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2011-06-17, 22:17   #11
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Modern DDay (4km) [Concept]

Quote:
Originally Posted by colodorian View Post
um im tired of playing on normandy beach from other games
Indeed.

Ratface you really should look at making something more original and also a more realistic scenario as well as having to liberate France again is a little too far fetched...

There are plenty of other beaches around the world well you can pull of a "D-Day Style" (if you want to call it that) Amphibious Assault in parts of the world that are more believable to have a modern day battle...

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 22:20   #12
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Like Iwo Jima
Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 22:24   #13
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

"Island Hopping" like you got in WW2 with Iwo Jima etc wouldn't be as necessary today as it was in WW2 as the range of modern day aircraft is far grater than it was back then but it would be a far more realistic modern day situation than landing on the Normandy Beaches

Old 2011-06-17, 22:33   #14
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

A good Island hopping map would be a really unique and cool thing for PR, I was really hoping Hughjass's Hainan East would be that map, but I've not seen updates in a long time.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 22:34   #15
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
"Island Hopping" like you got in WW2 with Iwo Jima etc wouldn't be as necessary today as it was in WW2 as the range of modern day aircraft is far grater than it was back then but it would be a far more realistic modern day situation than landing on the Normandy Beaches
Which, if the OPs map actually got into PR, would mean the german forces had been destroyed by Russia, with France also being destroyed, effectively imploding the PR universe.

However, I believe you could either make this map "fictional" (US Army v Bundeswehr, for the lols) or "realistic" wherein Russia (for some reason) decides to launch an amphibious assault on France from the sea.

You could effectively create a situation where Russian forces use the Cargo Ship they use for Amphibious assaults, and launch an attack onto the french Mainland from the sea. Which would tie in with any possible future maps based upon an invasion of the GB mainland (which would be epic).

Although still, possibly would be the most far-fetched map within PR (unless you went down the Fictional route)
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 22:51   #16
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
A good Island hopping map would be a really unique and cool thing for PR, I was really hoping Hughjass's Hainan East would be that map, but I've not seen updates in a long time.
Indeed, thou technically Op Barra could be classed a bit of an island hoping map but I agree, you could do a lot more on that scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManDan View Post
Which, if the OPs map actually got into PR, would mean the german forces had been destroyed by Russia, with France also being destroyed, effectively imploding the PR universe.
lolz,

and ye while you can make a fictional map, I simply believe the more fictional you go the less immersive the map becomes which has a resulting negative impact on the gameplay.

Old 2011-06-17, 23:49   #17
Ratface
Retired PR Developer

Well, thats exactly what I posted the concept for, I thought this would come up but I wanted to see what people thought anyways, I may start thinking of an island hopping style map possibly but for now I'll practice my mapping with a 1km vierville, thx for ur input everyone
Ratface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 00:16   #18
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratface View Post
Well, thats exactly what I posted the concept for, I thought this would come up but I wanted to see what people thought anyways, I may start thinking of an island hopping style map possibly but for now I'll practice my mapping with a 1km vierville, thx for ur input everyone
I think this map would work as far as a map goes. However, as people have said, there have been so many games where you play as Americans and have to storm the beach, then the bunkers, then the trenches.

You could mix it up a lot with the paradrops you mentioned, in fact I love that part.

If you do use vierville, do not use WWII factions just for the novelty value, really think of the factions, if its in vierville then you could have Russian paratroopers with French forces defending (or placeholder Brits/Germans). I know that the factions werent definite but this is as far as I can go with advice on maps :P

Drop some US Paratroopers/GB paratroopers inside the Russian borders for a change.

Basically, think of all the maps in PR atm, and then think of something completely different.
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 00:28   #19
Ratface
Retired PR Developer

Well, I'm in love with amphibious assault/ paratrooper style maps so whenever I do begin to make a map I'd like to get into the mod, I'll be doing something along these lines.

I like the Iwo Jima idea, not making the actual island but base an invasion on that kind idea . . .

The Vierville map would just be for fun and for practice, but ya, France v Russia would be fun! Like I said, I'll do this for practice, but the biggest part for me will be making it playable, which there are tuts I will be reading for hours to do it right

I like the CH v GB idea, but I'm not too thrilled making jungle style maps, on many editors in the past I prefer the European locations for some reason, but it's an idea for the future
Ratface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 04:30   #20
Rissien
Supporting Member

Should have something from a WiC perspective, Russians invading the West Coast. Maybe in this case Alaska since dont really have any Western urban statics to make a city like if you were to the Seattle invasion.

MA3-USN Former

クラナド ァフターストーリー
Rissien is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, concept, dday, map, modern