project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2009-08-17, 22:02   #11
smart_boy00

Default re: [MAP] Swat Valley (previously Al'Madhi)

Nice looking!

Looks like the kinda fighting I was looking for.
smart_boy00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 12:44   #12
Sir.Grossi
Supporting Member

Looks Great!

Soo Much Detail! I think I need a bigger PC!

[RIP]Sir.Grossi
PR GC
www.rustyinplaces.org
Sir.Grossi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 12:58   #13
=(DK)=stoffen_tacticalsup

Amazing beyond comparison, never seen it's equivelant!
=(DK)=stoffen_tacticalsup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 13:20   #14
single.shot (nor)

Wouldn't the map be better suited for a MEC v FF Fight? as opposed to the french fighting the taleban?
single.shot (nor) is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 19:36   #15
$pyker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by single.shot (nor) View Post
Wouldn't the map be better suited for a MEC v FF Fight? as opposed to the french fighting the taleban?
no not really
$pyker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 10:10   #16
single.shot (nor)

it is in pakistan, and IMO pakistan is part of the MEC. i know the taleban are in control over these areas now, but PR is set slightly in the future, and since the last ive heard from this conflict (IRL) is that the pakistan army is "winning".

now, this is supposed to be a major city, right? that'd be one (IPR - In PR) MEC armys main objectives in that area. spyker, why are you opposed to the Idea?
single.shot (nor) is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 15:12   #17
$pyker
Banned

Quote:
it is in pakistan, and IMO pakistan is part of the MEC. i know the taleban are in control over these areas now, but PR is set slightly in the future, and since the last ive heard from this conflict (IRL) is that the pakistan army is "winning".

now, this is supposed to be a major city, right? that'd be one (IPR - In PR) MEC armys main objectives in that area. spyker, why are you opposed to the Idea?
I am opposed to the idea as from what i have seen this map is largely cqb which is perfect for taliban. Plus the setting isnt really fixed the mapper could change it in 1 second to another place as long as it is in the mid east obviously
$pyker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 15:15   #18
marcoelnk
Retired PR Developer

Very nice work there Le_Damner my friend...
too bad its purpose got changed but still a very good looking map

marcoelnk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 15:29   #19
Tannhauser

Quote:

Wrong.

Pakistan is not part of MEC because MEC is arab speaking, pakistan is an Urdu speaking country. Pakitsan is not connected to MEC-possible members (excluding Iran, not in MEC either) and Pakistan is currently also fighting the Taliban (making it unlikely for it to fight coalition forces).

So no, not Pakistan, unless you want to make a new faction for them wich I doubt.

FF vs Tallies fits perfectly IMO.
Tannhauser is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 16:02   #20
Le_Damner

Thanks for your feedback guyz !

I had the same argumentation as you in my mind, first it was suppose to oppose MEC vs. US (in its early stages). But looking for a possible situation in Middle-East I decided it will be Pakistan (Waziristan), where Talibans have the control and where FF could operate under NATO's orders.
As Spyker said, it is cqb oriented and I want it to be playable in an insurgency mod and also in AASv.3 ! I know it will be difficult to oppose such different armies in AAS, but I want to do this challenge ! I hope you will be able to help me to choose the good assets for Taleb' to fight the FF vehicles we'll have choose (waiting to be done).
And from what we see in the test sessions, Taliban's weaponery fit perfectly to the global ambiance (meaning you'll really want to play the bad guyz... IEDing the roads, putting traps evrywhere ... and have a lot of fun !).
And, remember that this City is pure fiction and there is no real city like that in this region of the world...

To answer on question about lighting, it is basic light, I've already tryied some different things, but this is not final, I am working on it ...
Last edited by Le_Damner; 2009-08-26 at 16:08..

Tags
2km, almadhi, city, map, previously, swat, valley, wip