project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2019-09-17, 21:22   #11
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

There's no threshold? I didn't even remember that.
Will be re-discussed.

Code:
TOW vs front
100% -> 75% = 16.78% # Turret
            =  4.19% # Tracks 
75%  -> 50% = 31.71% # Turret
            =  7.93% # Tracks
Total       = 43.18% # Turret
            = 11.79% # Tracks

AP vs front
100% -> 66% = 31.06% # Turret
            =  7.77% # Tracks
66%  -> 33% = 59.89% # Turret
            = 12.91% # Tracks
Total       = 66.66% # Turret
            = 19.67% # Tracks

LAT vs APC
100% -> 40% = 67.30% # Turret
            = 16.83% # Tracks
Last edited by AlonTavor; 2019-09-17 at 21:33..
Old 2019-09-18, 01:08   #12
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
I said that back over a year ago but my concerns were met with "You can't do statistics" and "how about just being good at the game?", so, in the face of these incredibly solid arguments, I gave up.

I'm actually surprised it's been taking you guys so long to make a thread about it.
Well, as you have probably noticed, we almost never use assets.

HITREG CARRY
PBAsydney is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-18, 04:30   #13
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
There's no threshold? I didn't even remember that.
Will be re-discussed.
Threshold is 10% so that Brit APCs and TOWs are still able to track enemy vehicles/tanks on frontal armour when the stars align.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-20, 18:07   #14
DogACTUAL

Well this debate comes down to sydney and some saying 'shooting first in a 1v1 should be guarenteed win' while others prefer a system with more variety. In this case a form of RNG which can throw a curveball at you in situations that seemed clear cut at first.

Here is another way of thinking about it:

While getting screwed by RNG like this can be frustrating in that moment, there are steps you can take before engaging to counteract such an event, like making sure to position the tank so there is cover close by that your driver can retreat to in case the gun gets disabled, like a slope or a wall.

Which you could argue actually adds more complexity to 1v1 tank engagements than the quite simple 'shoot first-kill first'. Then it just comes down to if you are a person that simply hates everything RNG related in PvP games or if you are a person that can accept a bit of RNG in their games for the sake of more complex mechanics that add more variety to the gameplay.

Me personally i don't notice that big of a difference of my tank gun getting disabled in war thunder by a well placed shot compared to my gun getting disabled in PR by RNG. Of course you could argue in war thunder it takes good aim instead of pure RNG to do that, but the truth is even in war thunder this often just happens by chance in medium to long range engagements, courtesy of gun deviation/shell drop and pure chance.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-20, 18:31   #15
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

The problem with the current RNG is that even if you do everything right. Even if you do absolutely everything right, the game might still decide to fuck you over. Your gun going down means death atleast 2 out of 3 times. And this is absolutely frustrating and should not be part of a tactical game.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-20, 19:06   #16
T.E.D.F4257845
PR:BF2 QA Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Well this debate comes down to sydney and some saying 'shooting first in a 1v1 should be guarenteed win' while others prefer a system with more variety. In this case a form of RNG which can throw a curveball at you in situations that seemed clear cut at first.
Pretty sure no one has even suggested that. Not sure where you got that idea.

Module disabling would be great, if it would work properly. I'm down to having certain modules getting disabled at random, but it shouldn't happen when hit to the front armor. This is what this thread is mostly about.
It's absolutely retarded to hit enemy tank in the rear and get it tracked only for it to fire back, hit your front and take out your gun + tracks, resulting in your vic getting blown up while the enemy, who should have lost that engagement happily repairs it's tank and continues to roam around. Completely removes the need to use any tactics, skill or to ambush enemy vehicles. Any random newb can just jump in a tank and have 1/3 chance to roll the dice and win a fight against a more experienced crew even when outplayed and -manouvered.

"Never underestimate the power of BRDMs in large groups"
T.E.D.F4257845 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-11, 22:59   #17
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

Wonderful round of burning sands today.

We are in T72 engaging two challengers. Because we have height advantage we are able to smack the first challenger right in the engine bay so he is taken care of in one hit before he fires back. Second challenger pushes us while I am reloading and hits us once in front armor. We lose our tracks. Thankfully our CAS is overhead to kill the chally before he finishes us off.

We get repaired by logi and are back in action until their tanks respawn. We get intel on the tank at airport and set up to bang him when he peaks us. He peaks us and hits us in the front armor once and takes the gun down. No logis around so we smoke and drive all the way back to main in a tank with light scratches and broken gun.

On the way back to the airport we get intel that tank is setting up in the desert north of airport. We managed to completely get the drop on him and open up with a critical side armor hit, he tries to fall back and we finish him off without taking a single shot. We move towards airport and spot enemy TOW, so we peak the tow showing only front armor to take it out. The TOW hits our front armor AND TAKES OUR GUN DOWN. Minimal damage, not even smoking. Gun is down.

Please fix.

HITREG CARRY
Last edited by PBAsydney; 2019-10-11 at 23:18..
Old 2019-10-12, 08:35   #18
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

We're discussing how to.

We still want TOWs to be able to RNG tanks, as TOW is something that you should always avoid a hit from.
Tank 1v1 shouldn't be RNG.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-12, 11:51   #19
[R-CON]​Frontliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBAsydney View Post
We move towards airport and spot enemy TOW, so we peak the tow showing only front armor to take it out. The TOW hits our front armor AND TAKES OUR GUN DOWN. Minimal damage, not even smoking. Gun is down.
Working as intended.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-12, 14:34   #20
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Maybe increase tow dmg to current ap damage and reduce ap damage. For front hits atleast. This gives tows the needed rng and makes them an actual threat again while tank battles are now decided by decision making and positioning.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote