project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-11, 01:11   #11
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

well i went over every square inch by hand so there are very few flat areas aside from those which should be flat...there are ditches, holes, mounds, small hills, gullies, mountains, switchback, divets, concaves, nooks and crannies on every square inch of the map...

thats what i wanna play so...!!!

Old 2006-10-11, 01:48   #12
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

Something like this?

I cant wait to play this either, it will be sweet, PR has seen a huge leap in numbers, and standards for PLA maps. Thisl be right up there.
Old 2006-10-11, 02:10   #13
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

Lightbulb

ill lowered them into the ground and they left a heli pad image on the ground..haha!!

anyway good ideas..I changed the grass..BUT it still sticks out a bit over sharp areas and floats a little...what do you guys think about a bit of float for added density is it a fair exchange?

here is the heli pad object burn on the ground..I imagine itll dissapear when i do final renderings,,,this also has the hexmesh grass...

There is already a nice natural burm surronding the Helis so i wont add sandbags...better to use the terrrain than more statics...

Old 2006-10-11, 02:18   #14
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

yea that should go away after final terrain lightmaps afaik. even if it doesnt it looks alright.
Old 2006-10-11, 02:29   #15
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]duckhunt
Something like this?

I cant wait to play this either, it will be sweet, PR has seen a huge leap in numbers, and standards for PLA maps. Thisl be right up there.
Agreed. If they are just invading a country, I don't think they would really have time to set up a heli-pad, but I like Duckhunt's suggestion.
Old 2006-10-11, 03:24   #16
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

Smile

yeah agreed. in the story in my head, this advance force was sent in just a few days ago and took over this pig farm as a kind of fall back and secure point..they then occupied the other river side facilities and are now awaiting the front to move up to their position. Thus I just made terrain burms around the helipads as that would be fasted in my opinion..

The PLA have an established outpost..they have nice walls and a fully occupied base.. the PLA will get a tank but unfortunately the US will not..maybe an APC.. but maybe not..

Although PLA will only have their old betsy heli while US will be sporting to 2 much faster air horses...(cant say exactly what kind of ride yet though..)

vehicles will be available at each spawn with about a 300 second respawn...

Old 2006-10-11, 03:27   #17
Skullening.Chris
Supporting Member

Lookin' good. Reminds me of a Joint Ops map that I used to love... but can't seem to remember the name of right now... Especially looking forward to all of the "ditches, holes, mounds, small hills, gullies, mountains, switchback, divets, concaves, nooks and crannies." Flat terrains are teh suck!
Old 2006-10-11, 05:15   #18
Dylan

I wouldnt mind seeing a beta. I need to unflatten my pancake terrain . HELP.
Old 2006-10-13, 08:42   #19
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

Talking

This cant possibly be Kansas Toto!!

Yum yum...wait ladies.....

Old 2006-10-14, 04:43   #20
Dylan

...New statics... I almost want to be an R-CON, but I dont like spending time on somthing that you will beat me at now.
Closed Thread

Tags
map, qwai, released, river