project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-11-25, 02:47   #11
RAWSwampFox
Default Re: A word on attitude

Good Evening,

I'm usually anti-admin. My reasoning is that they are self-serving for the most part. They usually take the word of their "friend" or "experienced player" over the word of anyone else. Of course, you have those types of players whose sole mission in life is to constantly challenge authority. Those who hang on to this type of philosophy usually wind up with a record of some kind, criminal or job related and also contribute to the majority of the bar room brawls.

Oh well, such is the gamers life.
RAWSwampFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-25, 03:18   #12
Rabbit

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-25, 03:46   #13
sf17k

W.Darwin, PR is free. There's no money to hire professional full-time admins. Unless it's a private server that requires a monthly subscription to play. (Hmm, maybe not a bad idea...)
sf17k is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-25, 06:36   #14
communistman

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Darwin View Post
Sf17k, I don't wanna be rude but. Your post was full of non-sense crap.

This mental dissertation you made would be appropriated for children/preteen.

Is this what PR has become?
I think Sf17k's point is that exercising tact will always make it easier to work with other humans. And the words you choose actually do affect how people react to you. I try to tell this to the frustrated commanders, who complain that squad x won't do this and squad y isn't complying with him. But you can't just step into the leadership slot and expect full and sudden compliance from a bunch of strangers online. You either use language and tact to your advantage--gaining compliance by connecting with other players as people, or you can force yourself onto the team and let frustrations fly when they don't conform to your every silly bidding. The same concept can be applied to every role in the game that requires teamwork and communication.
communistman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-25, 11:47   #15
W.Darwin
Banned

Respect should be universal.

Yet, admins should not receive specials treatments.
I perceived his post as somekind of directed exclusive
behavior in regards of the ones who can ban. (rofl)

Without being a ''professionnal'' admin,
it is possible to be a professionnal human being in relations,
And for free!

All one requires is patience and listening. And I know some of the folks playing PR are very naturally mature.

W.Darwin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-25, 12:54   #16
Tiger1
Supporting Member

Get the job done. Work as a team. Stick with your squad. And kill the enemy.

t
Tiger1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-26, 00:01   #17
Moe5512

While I appreciate the time you took to write this text, Yoda managed to say the exact same thing with far less words
Moe5512 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-26, 01:43   #18
RAWSwampFox

Good Evening,

I have often thought about gamer psychology. It is so easy to hide behind a nickname and a keyboard to push your personal agendas of discrimination. Some people get so upset when I go off about people using the word retard or autistic because in my humble opinion, these are demeaning and discriminatory terms.

The players that are normally in my squad when I squad lead are older guys that have a bit of respect for others and/or restraint when it comes to their verbal jibes in game.

You want to talk about the amount of bullying that goes on, it is extraordinary and outstanding. While most of it is casually dismissed as competitive trash talk, it can become very hurtful to the community as a whole. Look at the basic amount of heat a new player takes when he asks a simple question in game. Even I at times go after them a bit because it is distracting to gameplay to provide 24/7 helpdesk support.

I mean, look at some of the responses in this thread, while some may take no offense to some of the terms used, others take great offense.

I understand the basic premise that the op set forth and some of the followups. Saying thank you and your welcome goes a long way. I wonder if anyone is even willing to consider privately or publicly, changes in their behavior?
RAWSwampFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 00:48   #19
W.Darwin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWSwampFox View Post
it can become very hurtful to the community as a whole.

You get a point here.
When it becomes a normality to insult peoples and have a nasty attitude toward each other,
the overall atmosphere of the collective experience is affected for the worst.
People might tend to care less about each other,
and some who usually have good temper
might be influenced to hate and troll.
W.Darwin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 02:04   #20
bigbossmatt

Great post. I think you nailed the Stoic attitude (whether you know what that is philosophically or not) when you said (and I'm paraphrasing):

You are responsible for your feelings. No one can make you feel upset about a situation; you have to do that to yourself. A shit situation can appear but that doesn't imply we feel upset about it, what does imply that we feel shit about it is when we had the assumption that this situation wasn't going to happen (or possibly happen) when we entered into the game.

same is true in life and especially on the roads with traffic.
bigbossmatt is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
attitude, feelings, frustration, noobs, spiderman is a lie, trolls, word