project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2016-02-05, 19:43   #11
Tommygun
Supporting Member
Default Re: Campaign mode !

Actually, re reading I quite like option 3. Maybe the team is given an important target to blow up and the enemy have 5 to defend and are not sure which one will be targeted. You could make a full push on an airfield for example and actually that's a feint while you spec-ops team sneaks in and blows something important elsewhere, the real target. Def has some potential exactly as Darwin describes. Sorry Darwin, i was too quick to dismiss
Old 2016-02-05, 19:51   #12
W.Darwin
Banned

Thanks for the enthusiasm!

In my head all those ideas looks very fun and interesting
Old 2016-02-05, 19:59   #13
matty1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Darwin View Post
i did not even read ur stuff man, stop talking to me

I tried to resonnate you when u contacted me via private messages about how your individual opinion doesn't represent 400 hundreds players approximately.

You keep persisting and thinking you represent the whole PR community.

You should relax and make some introspection on your behavior.

To each its own opinion and we must respect each other.

As I said in the private messages, if you only have negative comment on someone idea, just avoid him. If no one have good replies to someone idea, the thread will simply sink.

No need to waste your time trying to make me feel bad. That's useless man.

I reported you to the admins for Arrogance and trolling.
Dude, chill out man!!

I think a campaign mode would be very hard to control. RATHER THOUGH......... admins could almost determine the next map to "continue a story". Like, if the Brits win on Barasah, the next map would be Karbala, ect.
Old 2016-02-05, 20:40   #14
W.Darwin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
Dude, chill out man!!

I think a campaign mode would be very hard to control. RATHER THOUGH......... admins could almost determine the next map to "continue a story". Like, if the Brits win on Barasah, the next map would be Karbala, ect.
That's a whole new level of complexity man haha, although I like the idea

It could even be a combo of map dedicated to a scenario, like

Map (X) phase 1
Map (X-1) Phase 2 A
Map (X-2) Phase 2 B
(Where A represent Team 1 win, and B represent Team 2 win)

Here is a picture of what i tried to explained, the 3 maps being in the same region, being a continuity

But now we're getting into some very ''hard to control'' stuff ^^
Last edited by W.Darwin; 2016-02-05 at 20:52..
Old 2016-02-05, 21:04   #15
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Don't they already have a form of this with PR|T? And there are no actual adjacent maps so would never work. Unless the concept is dividing the map in to smaller maps which is a shame as larger maps are better.
Old 2016-02-05, 21:54   #16
webb

Dude, fantasizing anything like this could end up being a game mode is too naive. You need something really simple to make it work without the help of admins. The only thing that is possible is Sabotage and we already do have it ingame. It's called alternative ins and all times I played it it had been a terrible stalemate with people running to another server.

You really need to make up ideas taking human factor in account. There are a lot of different people playing PR and not all of them are willing to roleplay or comply with rules. But I do agree that would be great as a separate event.
Old 2016-02-05, 22:22   #17
W.Darwin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by webb View Post
Dude, fantasizing anything like this could end up being a game mode is too naive. You need something really simple to make it work without the help of admins. The only thing that is possible is Sabotage and we already do have it ingame. It's called alternative ins and all times I played it it had been a terrible stalemate with people running to another server.

You really need to make up ideas taking human factor in account. There are a lot of different people playing PR and not all of them are willing to roleplay or comply with rules. But I do agree that would be great as a separate event.

I want to specify, the last post with the picture of different maps is only to add up to the idea of Matty1053, I conscent its crazy.

Otherwise, why are the other mode too complex for the regular PR player?

Its quite simple, Pick-up Hostage, and bring them to an evacuation zone.

Or retrieve information hidden in buildings

And the last mode, assault an enemy strategic point, and destroy it.

It seems pretty basic to me?

The multiple maps scenario was indeed a bit pushed ^^

*Edit

This is possible configuration for sabotage:

This map could be Russian VS Canadian

Red Square is the Opfor MainBase, Circles represent temporary spawnpoints
Green is the objective to destroy, the smaller ones are the secondary objectives and they can be randomly picked to increase diversity
Blue is Blufor Main base
Purple are the different possible route the map can generate.

This is for Hostage rescue/Intel gathering

Red is the Opfor MainBase
Green is the Extraction point for the multiple targets
Blue is Blufor Main base
Purple are the multiples different possible location for hostage/intel
Last edited by W.Darwin; 2016-02-05 at 23:35..
Old 2016-02-06, 04:50   #18
matty1053

We pretty much have that for sabotage. Look at Ramiel AAS, once the US caps the flag, the ARF cannot recap the flag.

Hostage rescue seems good, but it would be a pain to script imo. (Well, I am not sure really!). I remember the DRK server used to do something like hostage rescue. There was a location and had to rescue them.
Old 2016-02-06, 10:10   #19
W.Darwin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
We pretty much have that for sabotage. Look at Ramiel AAS, once the US caps the flag, the ARF cannot recap the flag.

Hostage rescue seems good, but it would be a pain to script imo. (Well, I am not sure really!). I remember the DRK server used to do something like hostage rescue. There was a location and had to rescue them.
The difference is, Ramiel AAS still is Assault and Secure

The main difference here is that we could have actual military factions fighting agains't each other, and also the evolution of the round would orbit around the protection of High priority targets, not flags.

If I knew how to model stuff I would get into it. Also, my trial version of 3DS Max 9 is ended..
Old 2016-02-06, 10:55   #20
LiamNL
Supporting Member

But how would defending those objectives be different from defending a flag or cache?
Closed Thread

Tags
campaign, mode