Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Event News
27 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Event News Check here for upcoming community-held events

Old 2017-10-08, 20:19   #11
ArkUTD
Default Re: PRTA One-Life Event - Op. Serval - 18:00 PRT, 8th October 2017

AAR:

So, Recon you say, right, lets go. spain (medic) teunvd (sniper) Lugi (Grenider&AR) @lupus1979 (Bracher) and another guy (AR&grenider)

Game started, pushed my squad across the 13 line, all the way from main to the control tower. we scouted there, not seeing anything, then pushing to M13 ready to push north when, out of the diches on the other side of the dry area, a whole squad pops out to play, we engage, knocking down 3 guys, pushing them back, and we fall back ourselves to control tower, which we help squad 4 take the tower as a few ARF where in there.

After waiting around, Taking pot shots at some ARF at long range, we push back to the same area, and this time, push across. We pushed up the M line, getting shot at by ARF till we move out of view, pushing into the container, setting up, watching inf move from the forest north of ATC, towards Airport hangers.

We move up, taking the construction building there, taking pot shots towards airport, killing off around 10 by that time, the our AR, Some american, had to leave for work, so we switched, sending him in, he killed 4 before they got him, a good sport.

By this time, we hadn't taken a single down'd guy. We moved to the north of airport to a barn, it was a tad to far away, but we ended up moving to the barn close to airport, killing 7 inf there, including Pink Panther . after that, we where low on ammo, we decided to head back to crossroad's as the ARF had taken coalpit.

We resupplied, and headed up to city, where we watched coalpit, while we listened to our team cleaning up to our south, we moved into coal pit. i was the only guy to die, but killed the last 4 inf the ARF had.

Overall, my favorite 1life, and both teams were close till the end.

I recommend one of the Dover maps or Iron Ridge 1life next
ArkUTD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-08, 20:35   #12
VTRaptor

Tracker?
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-08, 21:05   #13
Heavy Death

Tracker and demo will be posted as soon as we get the tracker updated. Less work for everyone that way.
Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 15:21   #14
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Tracker

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-10, 02:11   #15
Lugi

You might wanna consider disabling snipers for future events. They're literally broken in an infantry event like this.
Lugi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-10, 04:53   #16
Heavy Death

Explain more.
Old 2017-10-10, 11:38   #17
Lugi

Some stats from the event:
  • There was a total of 173 kills (kill in this context means going incapacitated or dead)
  • BLUFOR is responsible for 113 kills, while OPFOR for 60 kills
  • Most deadly weapon is the scoped FAMAS - 27 kills, followed by scoped Minimi - 26 kills and FR F2 sniper rifle - 19 kills (keep in mind OPFOR didn't have a standard issue rifle like the French FAMAS).
  • The average distance of a kill is 125 meters. Average distance for BLUFOR is 152 meters, and for OPFOR its 74.5 meters.
  • There has been 8 teamkills.
  • Accidents and bleedouts account for 13 deaths.
  • One person has been killed using a machete.

Also the purple heart goes to Elk1, who managed to get revived 3 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
Explain more.
I actually felt like snipers did much more than what the stats are showing in terms of raw kills, but still: just two guys out of 50 are responsible for inflicting 1/6 of all the casualties. I don't think thats healthy for gameplay. I feel that sniper rifle being "one shot-one kill" has no justification in PR, especially in this type of event.
Last edited by Lugi; 2017-10-10 at 16:07..
Old 2017-10-10, 15:21   #18
Heavy Death

You are correct, I will limit to only 1 sniper per team, also for realism reasons. I never thought about it really, too focused on making stuff work. There are big changes incoming to the gameplay, so snipers won't be oneshot (except HS ofcourse) aswell, so that will balance things further.

Thanks for the suggestion! (This is the second legit useful suggestion in more than a year of One-Life events, you can be proud. :P )
Old 2017-10-10, 19:29   #19
ArkUTD

sorry for the sniper kills, my problem given lots of lock ons with our hacks
ArkUTD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-16, 10:09   #20
Heavy Death

Tags
1800, 2017, 8th, event, october, onelife, prt, prta, serval