project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
27 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-19, 08:08   #21
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

youve put alot of effort in, its look nice. But what I see in those screenshots is a small island with loads of skyscrapers crammed onto it. please dont take my words too harshly, but us being a reality mod, mappers aim to recreate the feeling and layout of real places. It adds to the immersion for games. imo, what you have done is not realistic. Check reference photos, google earth, etc and use the skills you learned from this to make an even better realistic map next time. Im not saying your work is crap, because its not, but its not the sort of map that would fit into a 'reality mod'

Alternativley, show me a photo of emirate isle as a real place and make me stfu!
Old 2006-12-19, 08:10   #22
blud

I'm interested. I'm hoping that when this map is done it plays well in 6v6 so we can use it in the PRL.
Old 2006-12-19, 08:13   #23
Guerra norte

Quote:
lol, thanks for the interest guys!
I've downloaded it two times before so I'm not gonna bother to do it again, oh and I wouldn't mind seeing this map on a sever(lightmaps is a must though).
Old 2006-12-19, 09:06   #24
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

also i just think the map doesnt look like it allows room for any tactical movement and could be a bit of a fragfest.

its just my opinion i dont speak for other devs of course...
Old 2006-12-19, 09:16   #25
Guerra norte

Well how about if someone set up a server with the map for a testday or two(after lightmaps ofcourse) to see how it plays out?
Old 2006-12-19, 09:28   #26
Pantera

FragFest!!

Alright n00bs, gather around....come on dont be shy gather around

Kinda sucks walking around by your self. Its tight. And out of curiosity, Will there be a city that bg on a tiny island ?

I Hope we get a chopper on the TV station.
Old 2006-12-19, 21:55   #27
TheDarkOverlord

I agree with duckhunt, the map looks nice, but does not look very realistic and does not have much room for tacitcal movement.
Maybe you could expand the island a bit on the west side. Add some more palm trees, make the north area bigger, and make a large, sandy beach along the west side. Maybe remove the north hotel and make it part of the beach.
The terrain used for the beach currently looks too muddy, make it sand and blend it in a bit with the grass, maybe with another texture in between.
Also, if there is space, make the slums start neutral and make another small island (with few/no buildings) to the North with a British CP on it, and some boats at the South/North Beach and British Island CP.

Also, IMO if it is a resort island, you should change the slums CP to a market.
Old 2006-12-19, 22:21   #28
GeZe
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]duckhunt
also i just think the map doesnt look like it allows room for any tactical movement and could be a bit of a fragfest.

its just my opinion i dont speak for other devs of course...
Ah, but this is where you are wrong my friend. This map is in fact as large as Jabal, you just don’t see it.

You have to think of maps as a network of pathways and areas (this is what affects game play), the only difference between my map and Jabal, is that Jabal’s pathways are longer, and the areas are bigger, but the amount is the same. Actually, there are probably more pathways in Emirate Isle then there are in Jabal.

See, your just working on a smaller scale, but the tactical element is the same. Instead of defending a large base, you’re defending an entrance to a building.

In fact, Emirate Isle is more appropriate and realistic when you consider the amount of people capable of playing PR in one round.

PS. As for the slums, they're staying. The island is in the middle of a development turning it into the resort town. The construction site also used to be slums, but it is being developed now.

Last edited by GeZe; 2006-12-21 at 00:58..
Old 2006-12-20, 01:29   #29
GeZe
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]duckhunt
Alternativley, show me a photo of emirate isle as a real place and make me stfu!
Doing a quick search for city island will bring:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerra norte
Well how about if someone set up a server with the map for a testday or two(after lightmaps ofcourse) to see how it plays out?
no, no, no, you haven't been reading. test before, THEN do lightmaps, becuase the tests could show that object need to be moved, and then the lightmaps would have to be done again.

Last edited by GeZe; 2006-12-20 at 01:43..
Old 2006-12-20, 08:03   #30
Desertfox

[R-DEV]duckhunt - I think he made you STFU!
Closed Thread

Tags
emirate, isle, map, scrapped, wip