project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2016-02-06, 10:56   #21
W.Darwin
Banned
Default Re: Campaign mode !

They can blow up at any moment if you don't keep an eyes on it
Old 2016-02-06, 11:24   #22
Jacksonez__

Are we slowly morphing PR into Counter-Strike?
Old 2016-02-06, 12:06   #23
LiamNL
Supporting Member

That sounds exactly like insurgency.
Old 2016-02-06, 15:03   #24
Combat_Sarge

No offense but it seems a bit boring, no new guy (which we mostly have these days) is going to wanna sit and do that stuff. I've been playing since 0.97 and it looks like a snore fest.
Old 2016-02-06, 19:52   #25
Wing Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Darwin View Post
I had 2-3 different scenario in mind for this kind of Game-mode.
I think the new experimental game mode idea is something PR should try out with popular maps. Muttrah comes to mind.

It seems like it would require minimal work to create a game mode similar to the ones the W.Darwin talks about. Changing things up a bit would be fun.

There was a some guys that organized a "VIP" scenario, where they had a guy that is visually impaired be the VIP and they had to verbally guide him to the location. Was it BlueDrake?

It looked really fun.

But I like the idea of changing things up, especially if it can be done "easily."

Seems to me just playing with tweak files and stuff takes time iron out wrinkles, but is basically easy.

I would be interested on hearing from a DEV how "easy" they think implementing "experimental" game modes would be.
Old 2016-02-06, 22:02   #26
SyriousT

Don't think new game mode , think secondary objectives like as Wing said Muttrah AAS , after like X minutes opfor get CAS for once and blue for must destroy it or blue for gets Abrams and opfor must destroy it (the side with less tickets after X minutes will get the new toy)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2016-02-07, 10:00   #27
LiamNL
Supporting Member

I don't know if they can use conditionals on vehicle spawns except for time delays. And ofcourse the thing spawning should be reasonable and decently balanced, and this would also skew a balanced map in favour of whoever actually did the side thing.
Old 2016-02-07, 10:24   #28
solidfire93

interesting
Old 2016-02-07, 13:13   #29
SyriousT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
I don't know if they can use conditionals on vehicle spawns except for time delays. And ofcourse the thing spawning should be reasonable and decently balanced, and this would also skew a balanced map in favour of whoever actually did the side thing.

That's why I said after X minutes

And balance isn't a problem , in mater of fact. This will make the game more balanced . The losing side get a boost so they get as close to the opposite side as possible

The spawns aren't only vehicles , it could be small arms shipments
Like spawn extra limited kits like extra hat or aa idk
Old 2016-02-07, 14:16   #30
SkyEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyriousT View Post
That's why I said after X minutes

And balance isn't a problem , in mater of fact. This will make the game more balanced . The losing side get a boost so they get as close to the opposite side as possible

The spawns aren't only vehicles , it could be small arms shipments
Like spawn extra limited kits like extra hat or aa idk
These kits are already deadly and sneaky, not sure if it's a good idea.
Talking about secondary objectives, we could have objectives to destroy, give you 30 tickets if you destroy them.

But, about the gamemodes this is not a good idea, this is too milsim for a game like PR. It seems like every suggestion you post is too milsim and overcomplicated. Seriously, there is Arma 3 for that kind of stuff, PR is a tactical FPS and so, really fast paced. Yes there is a strategic part but due to engine limitations, you cannot have these milsim navy seal real war army stuff. So please, stop. Like when you posted about tripping, I almost laughed. I understand that Liam is not very kind to you, just because he explained many times that things you suggest are not doable or not good for the community but you keep posting.

Keep in mind that PR is a free game based on a 2005 engine, even if it was a 2016 engine, people don't want to sit 30 min doing nothing because that's the goal of your gamemode.
It seems really boring as someone said.
Closed Thread

Tags
campaign, mode