project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Coding
27 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-01-05, 18:47   #21
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Default re: [Vehicle] Patria AMV XA-360 [WIP] [FDF]

Talking about that thread, do you think that guy dropped his work almost before the finish? He got it ingame already!

For speaking of this thread, i really like this apc, and i am looking forward to doing some drive-by's in it! keep it up, lad!

lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 17:45   #22
Nordin

Nice work, check your PMs!
Nordin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 15:56   #23
ukkis

Kongsberg M151 Protector

The original plan was to use the old crows model from the stryker ingame but I decided to do this instead. It looks a bit more like the real life version that our military uses than the old crows.

Basically everything is welded in to one element except those two smaller camera things in front and the smoke grenade launchers

ukkis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 16:01   #24
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Looks pretty good for a basic model but think you could give it more detail like wires etc. How many tris is it currently?

Also no need to model the 50cal ammo box, there is one ingame with the M2HB that the coder will slap on, just make the mount/stand for the box and that's all you need to worry about

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 16:25   #25
ukkis

Nice to have such quick feedback

The current number of tris is 878 so it is about 300 triangles more than in the old crows. So I dont think it would be necessary to add much more detail. And you dont usually see this thing very close in game unless you for some reason decide to climb on top of the vehicle

I will remove the ammo box. good thing you mentioned it before I started unwrapping
Old 2011-01-12, 16:28   #26
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Any extra small details you add like wires can easily be removed in lod1 so they are only seen up close, by high GFX users but ye, you dont need to model any very fine detail for it, but would bring it upto 1k tris

Old 2011-01-12, 17:06   #27
dtacs
Supporting Member

Looks great. I assume this will be the medium APC for the Finnish faction with the CV9030 as heavy and the BMP-2 as a supplement if its needed? Going to be such a versatile faction with many choices
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 18:21   #28
ukkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Looks great. I assume this will be the medium APC for the Finnish faction with the CV9030 as heavy and the BMP-2 as a supplement if its needed? Going to be such a versatile faction with many choices
Dont forget xa-185 :]
Old 2011-01-12, 18:30   #29
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
well a 50cal APC we call a light APC, with or without a RWS, the BMP-2 is an IFV, ie, "Heavy APC" if you will

A Medium APC is a APC with a 25 or 30mm cannon with light armour and no AT weapons.

Old 2011-01-12, 19:05   #30
samogon100500

Will be nice to see CV9040 with 40mm Bofors.Thats bat that you don't use thats,thats can be really make your faction unique.
samogon100500 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
amv, fdf, finnish, patria, poxo is ghey, vehicle, wip, wipfdf, xa360