project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-09-12, 09:03   #31
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default Re: Newb here, multple manual reads, over 30 co-op plays..am i ready to go live?

One thing really important to note before you hop on a "live server" is you best familiarise yourself with the server rules. Some servers follow a stricter policy than others and things that might be allowed on one server could very well be a kick-worthy offense on another one. I'll give you a short list of the most important ones:

1. No Racism, no flamebaiting, be polite.
2. Respect the asset rule(s). Anything that looks fancy with its big cannon/rocket or missile launcher on top is probably not for you to use or even drive(unless in the correct squad). All Trucks and Jeeps(BluFor), all unarmed and machine-gun armed technicals(Insurgents and militia) are ok however
3. Don't create your Squad too early, it might cause the game to bug. Most servers allow you to create a squad 1:30 minutes to 2 minutes before game start at the earliest.
4. Enemy Main bases, the personnel and assets within are a no-go to fire upon unless the map designates the flag as attackable at that point in time. When in doubt, don't engage. Especially when it comes to aircraft.
5. TKs on accident are fine if they aren't frequent, they happen to all of us. Griefing and intentionally sabotaging your team(eg. by mining your own base) is not.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 12:37   #32
Cpt.Future
Supporting Member

Default Re: Newb here, multple manual reads, over 30 co-op plays..am i ready to go live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan~Man View Post
I'm not a big talker..the quite and deadly type. Have to work on that and my trash talk...
You don't really need to talk that much. Just communicate the important information to your squadmates and you're good.

Keep in mind all YouTubers play to be interesting to watch. Sometimes in PR it's a good play to just lie in a ditch for 10 minutes and listen for footsteps.

Cpt.Future is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-15, 15:54   #33
MRaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan~Man View Post
Need to work on Com skills. The H key and 0 key binds seem awkward to me. Any Suggestions?
If you have extra mouse buttons, bind your coms to those. That way you can talk without moving your hand across the board. I have 2 buttons on the side of my mouse. Forward one for local, closer, rear one for squad. I use Caps Lock for All Squads and Tab for Commander.
MRaza is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-15, 17:01   #34
Prancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRaza View Post
If you have extra mouse buttons, bind your coms to those. That way you can talk without moving your hand across the board. I have 2 buttons on the side of my mouse. Forward one for local, closer, rear one for squad. I use Caps Lock for All Squads and Tab for Commander.
That's what I do, except I haven't gotten around to setting up All Squads and Commander key binds because I haven't played SL yet.

But yeah, the extra mouse buttons work very well.
Prancer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 15:15   #35
Shan~Man
Supporting Member

After using various Mic binds I have decided "thumb to mouse" works best......altho in chaotic moments I probably snip short my callouts....... or die
Shan~Man is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 20:18   #36
Bogatyr
Supporting Member

30 matches in co-op before deployment? Man, you got scammed of your time.. It's closer to like 2 - 5 and if you don't get the basics by then, just increase by a few more rounds. But 30 is absolutely overkill, unnecessary waste of time. In fact when I first got PR I just read the manual and hopped directly into deployment. I didn't do anything wrong as I knew most controls from BF2.

Edit (after reading the entire thread): Your deducation to the game is appriciated, just to get my point across. I meant that 30 matches are a little too much. You didn't have to do that many, but a player that wants to go down the SL line I respect with all my heart. I can't handle it, I always get a squad of meme spouting teenagers who shoot at the first thing they see then blame me when the map ends and we lose. Good luck bro.
Last edited by Bogatyr; 2016-10-16 at 20:27..
Old 2016-10-16, 21:16   #37
Shan~Man
Supporting Member

To clarify and as the wife always tells me, I am overly meticulous and detailed...[she used the word anal ] Drives her crazy. I just like to know and tinker with the details of how stuff works 1st. I once read an entire Microsoft Access manual just to write a simple program for my business. Oh well, I just do stuff for fun now but thanks for giving your perspective. Be sure to give a shout if we're on a map!
Shan~Man is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 21:19   #38
Hybrid V

As long as you don't go and grab a vehicle right off the bat and just play Inf for a bit then you should be good
Hybrid V is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 23:42   #39
Mickey Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2P1 View Post
Jeez,... the game is filled with 20% trolls, 40% banter 30% elitists 10% luck 20% skill and 50% concentrated power of will.

Some of you guys act like you're about to be shipped to Normandy or something lol.
Bruh you forgot the 5 percent pleasure and 15 percent pain
Mickey Mouse is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-18, 01:49   #40
RAWSwampFox

Good Evening,

Be adventurous, vote for maps that don't have scopes where you have to use your infantry skill a bit more. It seems nowadays all that everyone wants to play are 4km asset whore maps with sissy COD scopes.

With all seriousness, don't be afraid to try new things, squad up with SL's that think outside of the box sometimes, and enjoy the game.
RAWSwampFox is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
coop, live, manual, multple, newb, playsam, reads, ready