project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-10-10, 21:04   #51
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR:F v0.1 Bug Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaB View Post
I use a joystick with a small pad on the top which controls the view (look left right top). To come back to main view I use a button (still on the top of the joystick) which selects the 2nd weapon, and not the 1st one. The reason of this is because when I'm dogfighting I'd like to press only one button to switch between views and missiles.

The problem is that in Falklands, pressing Weapon 2 after looking left right or top doesn't bring me back to the main view, it stays on the view I was and displays the airplane HUD upon it, which looks a bit weird. Selecting Weapon 1 with the keyboard brings me back to the main view, but it doesn't work with Weapon 2, 3 etc.

PR worked well with it, please fix it.
Known issue, for now just switch to weapon 1 before switching to other weapons.

Old 2012-10-10, 21:28   #52
Kloppies

Quote:
I use a joystick with a small pad on the top which controls the view (look left right top). To come back to main view I use a button (still on the top of the joystick) which selects the 2nd weapon, and not the 1st one. The reason of this is because when I'm dogfighting I'd like to press only one button to switch between views and missiles.

The problem is that in Falklands, pressing Weapon 2 after looking left right or top doesn't bring me back to the main view, it stays on the view I was and displays the airplane HUD upon it, which looks a bit weird. Selecting Weapon 1 with the keyboard brings me back to the main view, but it doesn't work with Weapon 2, 3 etc.

Yes, I've noticed the same thing, but only when I'm playing as argentina. In the british harriers and wessex it does not happen.
Old 2012-10-11, 02:50   #53
pr0Life

FN FAL seems to recoil forward. It feels very strange.
Old 2012-10-11, 03:57   #54
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0Life View Post
FN FAL seems to recoil forward. It feels very strange.
Like the M16s in normal PR lol.
Old 2012-10-11, 16:11   #55
crs24

I have the same problem with the game freezing when the round ends and server loads next map that Boris and playncool are getting. Same scenario as Boris. However, I've found that if it locks up,I can ctrl+alt+delete to open the windows security(that's what the header says for me anyway on xp64)menu there, and open the task manager and kill bf2 by clicking on bf2 and ending task,confirming I want to kill it,and repeat(only taken 2 times so far)until it's gone and the computer goes back to desktop. So no hard restart that way. I don't know if it works for everyone however.
Last edited by crs24; 2012-10-11 at 16:23..
Old 2012-10-11, 17:37   #56
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs24 View Post
I have the same problem with the game freezing when the round ends and server loads next map that Boris and playncool are getting. Same scenario as Boris. However, I've found that if it locks up,I can ctrl+alt+delete to open the windows security(that's what the header says for me anyway on xp64)menu there, and open the task manager and kill bf2 by clicking on bf2 and ending task,confirming I want to kill it,and repeat(only taken 2 times so far)until it's gone and the computer goes back to desktop. So no hard restart that way. I don't know if it works for everyone however.
Same problem and solution here. Well "solution", would be cooler to have a real solution, or a fix
Old 2012-10-11, 17:54   #57
crs24

A real solution I hope comes soon. Falklands is only so fun when it crashes after each match,and ruins any chance to join a squad or anything else before the game starts if you rejoin some point later.On the note of crashing,I've occasionally gotten runtime errors also,usually when flying.I've gotten them in regular PR before,flying or not (one a day isn't unusual).But one round I played, the cas squad kept crashing I think. Basically,the cas squad was suddenly gone,no idea if they quit flying or ctd,but someone made another that filled up full (6 people). A few minutes later, that squad, which I think one person might of been virus from CIA and 1 or 2 other CIA guys, was gone as well and the names weren't on the scoreboard. Which is why I think they were crashing. I think I was argentinan, but not sure. This was a few days ago.
Last edited by crs24; 2012-10-11 at 18:08..
Old 2012-10-12, 15:50   #58
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:

Maybe by that bug you can try to lock on enemy jets right next to you? 90? angle for missile? try it pls...
Old 2012-10-12, 15:58   #59
crs24

I think I've tried that.You might get a little aid in spotting as there might be a symbol on them like you can lock onto them, but it only locks on if they are in front of you and your looking forward like it normally does as far as I know. Sort of like how you can look at someone with the edges of your field of view in an AA emplacement,but only lock when they are near the center of the reticle.In this case, the reticle seems to pop up when you switch to certain weapons to where your currently looking,but it seems to still be coded to lock in a certain area in front of the plane where you normally look,as the sight and the weapons are still fixed facing forward.
Last edited by crs24; 2012-10-12 at 16:20..
Old 2012-10-18, 23:24   #60
fradd

I'm trying to set up the Falklands mini-mod, and whenever I get to the point where I have to install it in my Battlefield 2 folder, it says
"The setup requires Project Reality: BF2 v.0973 to be installed. Do you want to go to the downloads page now?"

The thing is, I already have that installed...so why is it doing this?
P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong thread.

Tags
bug, prf, reports, v01