project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
27 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-04, 22:22   #61
Spaz
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceon515 View Post
A little update
I've added 2 more blocks so now it's a lot closer to RL scale and also added trash to the roads.
Here's a little video of how it looks ingame

Feel free to drop some more feedback
Great work! I so want to do a "RL movie" (use the sound from a real video, but film from the game) out of this map, when i was looking at that map i was just waiting to see a big ied explotion! ^^

Old 2008-01-05, 01:00   #62
Wellink

I would love to see Apaches in this map we need a map with attack choppers in urban warfare since we dont have one. I would also love it if the insurgents have alot of underground weapon cashes in buildings like in al bashra so the apache cant blow em up.
Old 2008-01-05, 02:33   #63
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
Great work! I so want to do a "RL movie" (use the sound from a real video, but film from the game)
Me too

Old 2008-01-06, 18:04   #64
jayceon515

This map is still far from being done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellink View Post
I would love to see Apaches in this map we need a map with attack choppers in urban warfare since we dont have one. I would also love it if the insurgents have alot of underground weapon cashes in buildings like in al bashra so the apache cant blow em up.
I would love to use an apache in urban maps but since the buildings are not enterable it's to easy for an apache to destroy the caches as soon as the intel marker shows up on the minimap.
Old 2008-01-06, 18:07   #65
Z-trooper
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
This map is still far from being done.

I would love to use an apache in urban maps but since the buildings are not enterable it's to easy for an apache to destroy the caches as soon as the intel marker shows up on the minimap.
I could make some entrable houses for you if you want? I just need some specifications and such

"Without geometry, life is pointless"
Old 2008-01-06, 18:20   #66
jayceon515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-trooper View Post
I could make some entrable houses for you if you want? I just need some specifications and such
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/tut...ty-t28554.html
I could use something like this but enterable. This map is based on low buildings to make it less "sniper friendly" so lower buildings only. i would really appreciate it if you could make something like that for me.
Old 2008-01-06, 18:26   #67
Z-trooper
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/tut...ty-t28554.html
I could use something like this but enterable. This map is based on low buildings to make it less "sniper friendly" so lower buildings only. i would really appreciate it if you could make something like that for me.
Yea, alright.
I'll make most of them 1 floor high and some different types of houses you can play around with.
I'll probably finish up the models pretty quickly since they are easy to do, but after that it might take some time to UV, skin and put them ingame - depending on how much time my studying will take and what else I have to do.

First of all I'll google some pics and run them by you first so I dont make too many mistakes

"Without geometry, life is pointless"
Old 2008-01-06, 19:45   #68
7eveN

thats gonna be a pretty exciting incredibly dangerous and messy infantry fighting.
Old 2008-01-06, 22:26   #69
[T]Terranova7

Nice... only thing is it looks so isolated... any plans on adding some outlying farmland? Other than that, it truly looks like many of the images I've seen of Iraq. Basically a nice little suburban area turned into a warzone.

What do you plan on adding in terms of vehicles? Personally in terms of air assets, I think a littlebird or two would be awesome on this map. Nothing too heavy though, as you mention earlier an attack chopper would rape this map. Humvees, supply trucks and APCs would be suitable for ground transport. Maybe a tank or two for some heavy ground support.

Anyhow, excellent looking map thus far.
Old 2008-01-06, 23:46   #70
jayceon515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranova View Post
Nice... only thing is it looks so isolated... any plans on adding some outlying farmland? Other than that, it truly looks like many of the images I've seen of Iraq. Basically a nice little suburban area turned into a warzone.

What do you plan on adding in terms of vehicles? Personally in terms of air assets, I think a littlebird or two would be awesome on this map. Nothing too heavy though, as you mention earlier an attack chopper would rape this map. Humvees, supply trucks and APCs would be suitable for ground transport. Maybe a tank or two for some heavy ground support.

Anyhow, excellent looking map thus far.
Just have a look at that picture from Google Earth someone posted it's going to look similar. There are going to be 2 smaller villages around the river and 2 bridges and some small compounds around the map like in Basrah so there is enough places to hide the caches
US Army will have 1 M1A2, 2 IFVs, 2 APCs (have no idea what will we get in next release), 1 BH, 2 support trucks and 4-6 Humvees (Similar like in Basrah since it's the same size). I would like to use an apache with no respawn if the buildings were enterable to hide the caches in.
Stay tuned
Closed Thread

Tags
anbar, map, province, scrapped, wip