project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2011-08-24, 20:39   #71
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Operation Bright Star (4km) [WIP]

Check to see if your terrain is at zero (0) elevation anywhere on the map. If it is, it needs to be raised, even if only by 0.01m.

Last edited by AFsoccer; 2011-08-24 at 20:44..
Old 2011-08-24, 20:45   #72
sylent/shooter

dude I swear is that what you've been posting the last few days?? like every post I see you say that xD anyways yes try that and you could also try another team to test it out
sylent/shooter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 21:02   #73
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AFsoccer View Post
Check to see if your terrain is at zero (0) elevation anywhere on the map. If it is, it needs to be raised, even if only by 0.01m.
Thanks for the quick reply AF. I'm not to familiar with how to check for that (I'm assuming open the hightmap files in photoshop, which I don't have). But from what I could tell by placing a small static in the editor at the lowest point is it is at around 16.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 21:18   #74
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

gx: The quickest way in editor is to bring your water level up to 1m and see if water shows. You can confirm height (once again, in editor) by using the platform tool and right clicking on a spot. The tool will show you the height at that point.

sylent/shooter: I reply to lots of map questions, but yeah if another kit disappearing question was brought up then that's one thing to look for.

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 21:20   #75
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AFsoccer View Post
gx: The quickest way in editor is to bring your water level up to 1m and see if water shows. You can confirm height (once again, in editor) by using the platform tool and right clicking on a spot. The tool will show you the height at that point.

sylent/shooter: I reply to lots of map questions, but yeah if another kit disappearing question was brought up then that's one thing to look for.
Yeah, no terrain is at 0 or below that.
Old 2011-08-24, 21:27   #76
Reddeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx View Post
Also, does this seem to large for skirmish?
I am assuming "Village" is one end and "Village_South" is the opposite end. Considering that map is 4km, that would be an almost 2km skirmish map. Most, if not all, Skirmish Maps have smaller than 1km play space, maybe even smaller than 0.5km.

Yes.
Reddeath is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 22:02   #77
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddeath View Post
I am assuming "Village" is one end and "Village_South" is the opposite end. Considering that map is 4km, that would be an almost 2km skirmish map. Most, if not all, Skirmish Maps have smaller than 1km play space, maybe even smaller than 0.5km.

Yes.
Good point, my back up idea was based more on "classic" games like a really small king of the hill.

Old 2011-08-24, 22:23   #78
Tte.oteo

good lights in the screenshots updated... i keep watching this WIP, i really like!
Tte.oteo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 23:47   #79
Rabbit

Video of the skirmish layout.

Battlefield 2 - Xfire Video
Old 2011-08-25, 01:13   #80
Reddeath

Looks very nice, is there more than 1 light though? Possible to make multiple colors and such? like for lack of better description, the more warm looking orange light. cause just strolling down a street at night peoples houses radiate different colors.
Reddeath is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
1km, 2km, 2kmwip, 4km, airfield, bright, kandahar, map, operation, star, wip