project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2016-04-06, 04:13   #1
WhatTheHell
Banned
Default [Map]Kunar Strike!

So I just made this account cuz I been working on this map for the last 10 hours

It's only 1 kilometers,
The map has alot of Environment Variety,
From Large plain, Steep mountain, Warm forest, Cold Mountain Peak, And Dense urban Village (Coming Soon)

INSURGENCY, Taliban Vs Canada or USarmy

The map is based on Kunar Province, Area of Korengal valley operation Red wings

As you can see the geography is pretty steep with mountain formation, In this region the height of the terrain rise drastically and not farther from these picture are already desertic landscape with snow..

I know the addition of a Snowy mountain top is not super realistic since there is green vegetation at the bottom of it. But its for diversity and better game experience!

Everything will be incorporated for infantry gameplay

The only asset for Blufor will be

1 stricker
1 crow hummve
3 up-armored hummve
6 transport hummvee
2 logi trucks

Opfor will be

8 .50 techie
4 ammo techie
1 little bird (unique feature!)

The main focus will be to provide intense firefight supported by .50 fire power, nothing else
Alot of Supply tech to bring ammo right on the battle field!

This map will be good for all kinds of Gun fights, Either Long range, Mid range, Or close combat

An other scenario would be to make the Game Layer as AAS and play it before Korengal Valley
Since this map starts at the bottom of the mountain for Blufor, It would be as if the Military was making its first offence in the valley, And if the Taliban win, Next map would be Kokan instead, The military being pushed back in the fields. hehe, idk..

Here is the Compressed File, Give it a Look...

File --> http://www.filedropper.com/kunarprovince-copie

Also.. The map is a bit of a mess I cannot open it in-game it crashes straight when I try to start the server...
And I would need a Modeler to make a Water Stream going down the river canal that flows out of the mountain.
Maybe new bridge too.. And rural stair (3 steps and 5 steps variant) for Inside the villages.. Thanks
Last edited by WhatTheHell; 2016-04-06 at 08:04..
Old 2016-04-06, 07:30   #2
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map]Kunar Strike!

Is the first picture the entire map? Because it looks quite cramped, get the feeling that if the blufor base is at the bottom then they would have a problem of being shot at from the peaks. Is there any way to Maneuver for the blufor team like a little bird? Because there seems to be a distinct lack of roads, and it seems that 2/5 of the map seems unplayable due to the extreme heights.

If you'd ask me I'd say that the map looks a bit too cramped, you only have 1km by 1km but half the map is unplayable to blufor due to the terrain whilst the Insurgents get a littlebird to move around. Might be interesting the whole mountain conflict but I think you should make it with a larger map because of all the space lost to the mountains.
Old 2016-04-06, 07:47   #3
WhatTheHell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
Is the first picture the entire map? Because it looks quite cramped, get the feeling that if the blufor base is at the bottom then they would have a problem of being shot at from the peaks. Is there any way to Maneuver for the blufor team like a little bird? Because there seems to be a distinct lack of roads, and it seems that 2/5 of the map seems unplayable due to the extreme heights.

If you'd ask me I'd say that the map looks a bit too cramped, you only have 1km by 1km but half the map is unplayable to blufor due to the terrain whilst the Insurgents get a littlebird to move around. Might be interesting the whole mountain conflict but I think you should make it with a larger map because of all the space lost to the mountains.

Ah! Thanks for the concern, but everything was calculated, I drawn the futur road system of the map in PAINT, for you and other people that might Wonder about those tricky details

The other picture are the Highest point the OPFOR can reach WITH the little bird, to peek Inside the BLUFOR main

Here is a picture of the area, I think it looks quite refreshed

Keep in mind that everything is still prompt to change!

And just in case you wonder, I drawn in blue the urban zone (And bridges)

This is just a 1x1 map, If anything The BLUFOR can walk to the enemy caches...

Most of the action will happen in the city (2 large villages)

About the bridges, if any mapper get interested, they would need to be in arch

Probably stone bridge AfghanNorth style with a large arch would do the job, a 10 and a 20 meters
Last edited by WhatTheHell; 2016-04-06 at 08:36..
Old 2016-04-06, 19:41   #4
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Ah thanks for clearing some of that up, still think it's a bit hard on transportation as there seem to still be a lot of natural barriers stopping infantry from walking to the cache.
Old 2016-04-06, 21:00   #5
Rabbit

A 1km needs to be REALLY good to be considered in PR, and frankly it looks like you took what makes korengal bad and made it worse. Really sharp rough terrain that is bad for player movement, unrealistic terrain/terrain that will be awful for gameplay, incredible linear non progressive gameplay, the list goes on.

If you are serious about this area I suggest you look at a more professional tool for terrain design. Geocontrol for fictional yet still great terrain or real terrain data.
Old 2016-04-06, 21:05   #6
WhatTheHell
Banned

This conclusion comes from your pictures observation or the Level file I sent above?
Old 2016-04-06, 21:10   #7
MaxTheSilva96

This map reminds me of the Sianchen War between India and Pakistan, that took place mostly on the top of a giant glacier, much like like the mountains in your map.

But I agree with Rabbit, those maps full of mountains are a pain, really hard to make one that works.
Old 2016-04-06, 21:16   #8
WhatTheHell
Banned

I'll upload what I just did, get a look at the map in BF editor then you'll give me ur opinion

So far, the manoeuverability of Infantry AND motorized is quite smooth
For sure the possible paths are diminuished in mountains but this apply to real life scenario too

I have a question although.

Well, how can I play it? I'm too dumm for teh turoatirl

Sianchen War!
That's some crazy stuff!
Nice tube man

That extreme winter military suit looks epic!

Lets get some Skis in my map, they will work like motorcycle but with higher restriction when falling left or right haha
Last edited by WhatTheHell; 2016-04-06 at 21:34..
Old 2016-04-06, 21:30   #9
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheHell View Post
This conclusion comes from your pictures observation or the Level file I sent above?
From the pictures.
Old 2016-04-06, 21:38   #10
WhatTheHell
Banned

Alright i'll upload a newer version of it tonight, right now the map is processing lightmapping.

you'll see the map is quite smooth

Keep in mind 10% of the job is done only..
The map geography is still sketchy and alot of retouching will be done

Now I want to make a Sianchen map and recreate this war between Indian and Paki's!
I'm like 100% sure its possible to make Ski's

You create them with a De-Spawn timer, so when you arrive at the bottom of the mountain you will have a pair back at the base when you return back on the top
Last edited by WhatTheHell; 2016-04-06 at 21:43..
Closed Thread

Tags
mapkunar, strike