project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-10, 13:22   #1
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

Lightbulb [Map] Qwai River [released]

Here you are ladies and Gents...since so many others are posting pics i thought I would do the same...

without further ado...please sit back and familiarize yourself with the scenic landscape of the Qwai River area...

The quite solitude of a country home

A country drive never felt so good

Come in for a cup of tea and chat with the neighbours

Take a walk...come on up..its not too far...

Thats right folks...step right up and smell the spinach.

The seat of our attack..US base ...AKA PIG FARM

Enjoy...

Old 2006-10-10, 13:53   #2
PlayPR!

Cool, are you going to keep the light jeeps in there? All of those pics look great (Nice titles by the way ), only problem is... I don't think that the US would be driving around in the Chinese woodlands with a buggy that has Desert Camo. Other than that I can't wait to play if its in .4!
Old 2006-10-10, 14:00   #3
Deer

Looks really awesome Visual side got lots of improvement from the "beta" version what we played in map test day. All those undergrowt supports infantry fighting nicely too, is there any game mode where aint vehicles at all ? I think map could be very interesting without many transport vehicles as well. But can imagine how fun it is with vehicles, cant wait to play ^^

edit: yes very good point those are desert vehicles: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=37
Last edited by Deer; 2006-10-10 at 14:07..
Old 2006-10-10, 14:01   #4
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

hehe thought i changed that cammo...damno

I admit i have used a little creative license on the undergrowth...

Old 2006-10-10, 17:21   #5
Dylan

It looks really really good. Has the actual layout changed a lot since the beta?
Old 2006-10-10, 18:06   #6
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

theres 1 big performance prob i see....

your grass, at the moment you are useing the grass bush mesh for all of your grass, this mesh is ment for the odd tuft of grass sticking out of shorter grass, not for all of the grass around.

you should try to exsperimant with the hexigan meshes abit more, you will find they work much better and you can add, small grass bushes now and again in with them, this will increase the performance and also look better.

also at the mo looks like you have your textures set to defult, desert, change them to woodland unless you want jeeps and tanks running round with desert cammos on

apart from that its comming along nicely, nice system you have too

Old 2006-10-10, 18:13   #7
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

Looks great irontaxi. Youve castrated the view distance so that will help with performance, and the last version atleast, I played it and best terrain and vegiatation id evar seen.

Should be a classic, Alothough I do allways have issues with concrete helipads in some little farmtown.

Id say make a dirt helipad, use the brownny earth, and then do a very low sandbag wall around them, then lower those concrete helipads underground so it still repairs.
Old 2006-10-10, 18:55   #8
00SoldierofFortune00

Its bringing those Landing LZ BFVietnam memories back. I hope that cars are somewhat limited so that there will be a lot of ground battles as opposed to straight rushing to the flag in a vehicle and some good tank battles in the corn fields.
Old 2006-10-10, 23:33   #9
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

Smile

very good call duckhunt...i dont like the helipad either...ill drop it and dirt the ground..then you will get that dust liftoff effect as well...

The only problem with the Hexmesh bush is it doesnt lay flat on ditches and tends to float in space alot... thats drives me crazy...ill gove it another look though thanks...

Layout hasnt changed since the beta...BUT lots of additions...Ill send out a tester to you if you like dylan...

Frame rate are much better. The only place im taking a hit is in the main town.. My sys goes from 99fps to about 79fps when driving into the town lengthwise...aside from that it doesnt change much...

Im gonna tweak the undergrowth to about 100meters for gameplay..but the terrain is bumpy enough that it seems to cover all fighting views...

Old 2006-10-11, 01:06   #10
mdterp1987

Looks nice. Great maps focus on using terrain for gameplay, not buildings. Well done.
Closed Thread

Tags
map, qwai, released, river