project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
31 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-06-12, 09:49   #1
StevePl4y5
Default Mortar Range Table

Hello gents

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I apologize if I should have put it somewhere else.

Anyways, I really like to play mortars in PR, so I decided to write a simple range table for myself. I find that inputting the range in the ingame calculator takes up unnecessary amounts of time, especially if you have an inaccurate mouse like mine and you constantly click on the wrong thing cause the numbers are just too damn tiny!

So, I decided I might as well do a nice little printable version and share it with all the mortards out there:

Just save the image into your desktop and print it, or open it in a separate monitor if you have that privilege.

Like I said it's very simple, it goes from 100m (minimum range) to 1500m (maximum range) in intervals of 50m. I could have entered even more ranges in-between and even included something for the height, but I figured this was enough, and any other more complex calculation could be easily done ingame. This table is meant to be very straight forward, easy and quick to look at and find the range you need. As a Squad Leader, you can simply tell your mortar crew the elevation for each fire mission using this table, making you able to put rounds down range much faster.

So, that's all, hope anyone can benefit from this!

See y'all in the battlefield
StevePl4y5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 10:01   #2
[R-CON]​Chuva_RD
PR:BF2 Contributor
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: Mortar Range Table

table too simple, can you make it with 10m interval and make five graphs which will show diversity between elevation angles depending to the difference between levels (-20m, -10m, 0m, 10m, 20m) of mortar and target so show how it works in game? And if you want to be more badass - make same tables for AAVP-7's GMG. Post all this in excel here
Chuva_RD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 10:47   #3
StevePl4y5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuva_RD View Post
table too simple, can you make it with 10m interval and make five graphs which will show diversity between elevation angles depending to the difference between levels (-20m, -10m, 0m, 10m, 20m) of mortar and target so show how it works in game? And if you want to be more badass - make same tables for AAVP-7's GMG. Post all this in excel here
Yes, it's meant to be simple. Like I said, I made this for myself, and this is enough for me to work with. Right now I don't have the time or the patience to make anything more complex, but I might do it in the future if more people would like that. But thank you for you feedback =)

As for the AAVP's GMG, I don't see why you need a range table for that, the ranging in the sight is accurate and works.

This is what the sight looks like in PR, the numbers are in hundreds of meters, so 4 is 400m, 6 is 600m, etc. and it goes up to 800m. The weapon is capable of firing farther than that, but without an accurate barrel elevation indicator as you have in the mortars, it's guess work to fire at targets farther than 800m.
Old 2015-06-12, 13:18   #4
fatalsushi83

I will be using your table. Thanks!
fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 13:45   #5
Rabbit

tbh I think its just as easy to do the calculation. I just remember 500~1400, 1000~1200 and 1500~800 and start moving to roughly around that and do the calculations at the same time.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 21:16   #6
StevePl4y5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalsushi83 View Post
I will be using your table. Thanks!
Glad to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rabbit View Post
tbh I think its just as easy to do the calculation. I just remember 500~1400, 1000~1200 and 1500~800 and start moving to roughly around that and do the calculations at the same time.
Yes of course, I just find that, personally, I can get my mortar on target faster this way. My mouse is quite inaccurate, so often when I'm in a hurry to input the range I click on the wrong number and screw up the range.
Old 2015-06-12, 22:12   #7
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePl4y5 View Post
Yes of course, I just find that, personally, I can get my mortar on target faster this way. My mouse is quite inaccurate, so often when I'm in a hurry to input the range I click on the wrong number and screw up the range.
Yeah, don't take my post as "stop doing this" just as find a good way to maybe make it 5-10 meter differences.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
mortar, range, table