project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-01-14, 20:13   #1
sunshine2241991
Default Size Matter

I was thinking a lot in last time . that all the new maps are or boring or overplayed .
why not we the community could just vote for 10 top favorite old maps .
and in next patch the game will include them .
i have The Evil Within installed and it got50Gb of crap .
i dont care too add another 2Gb or PR maps .
honestly i dont care to have 60GB PR folder with ton of old maps .
yes i remember some maps Horrible . but with maps come more fun
sunshine2241991 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 20:36   #2
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Default Re: Size Matter

I'm pretty sure most maps that have been removed had valid reasons for that. But even if they were to re-add them someone would have to update them so that they can work with the current PR version.

It is a good idea though, a map that comes to mind which shouldn't be bad to have back is Battle of Qinling.

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 20:50   #3
Murphy

I would counter this discussion with the fact that a lot of maps go unplayed and are outdated concepts thanks to the introduction of many new aspects to the game. I feel some maps should be removed from PR to trim away the least played maps (Op Archer comes to mind).
Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 20:53   #4
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

old maps were for old pr. Just adding them again would require refitting them to todays gameplay. Totally possible but unlikely unless somebody takes their time to work on it. Like RCON Potato did to kashan with great passion. So that might happen in the future again who knows But just re-adding older maps is very unlikely.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 20:57   #5
sunshine2241991

The game is change a lot . but its still FPS .
so most maps are valid .
lot of maps that now availebale is just walking simulator . and just not fun to play on them .
for example - Yamala this map just flat ground with trees nothing intresting on here everthing green .
Kokan - evertything grey no intresting places or compands . just run across the field simulator .
lot of old maps got some sort of story , a feel that you in some kind of senario . like that map when u parashute to MEC airfield .
or Even 7 Gates where the senario is very clear and intresting .
most of the maps that we have now are too balanced and soulless
sunshine2241991 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-15, 03:48   #6
matty1053

Quote:
The game is change a lot . but its still FPS .
so most maps are valid .
90% of the maps are valid. Obviously some should be taken out, and some should be back in... that's worthy another discussion.
Quote:
lot of maps that now availebale is just walking simulator . and just not fun to play on them .
Well, I suggest playing on a different server than. Walking Simulator??

Quote:
for example - Yamala this map just flat ground with trees nothing intresting on here everthing green .
It's interesting if you play on a full server that has a good team(s). And coordinating very well. I think it's one of the BEST flanking maps in the game. Infantry can easily sneak around and take an entire squad out. It's interesting when you get ambushed out of no where.
Quote:
Kokan - evertything grey no intresting places or compands . just run across the field simulator .
What do you consider interesting? I think it's interesting that they were able to put AA cannons on roof's of buildings. I have yet to truly run across a field like how your describing. It's no mans land.

Quote:
lot of old maps got some sort of story , a feel that you in some kind of senario . like that map when u parashute to MEC airfield .
All maps have a story to them. There's always the one 'key' objective... Like on Jabal... who ever holds Dam the longest, pretty much will win the game.
Quote:
or Even 7 Gates where the senario is very clear and intresting .
Just like a lot of other maps. I remember playing 7 gates, and it was a blast indeed!
Quote:
most of the maps that we have now are too balanced and soulless
Your complaining about too balanced maps? ?????? That's what makes a round very fun. Balanced Gameplay. It's better to win in a close battle than a huge steamroll.

IMO, there is WAY too many underplayed maps that offer great gameplay when you have 2 teams.
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-15, 04:51   #7
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The topic title.... reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa9YUDNHobE

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
matter, size