project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

View Poll Results: Are you active in the organized PR gaming community?
Clan 7 10.00%
Tournament 9 12.86%
Teamplay community 21 30.00%
Clan, tournament 1 1.43%
Clan, teamplay community 4 5.71%
Tournament, teamplay community 9 12.86%
Clan, tournament and teamplay community 1 1.43%
Not in PR but I play organized in other game(s) 4 5.71%
None 14 20.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-10, 18:19   #1
Apheirox

Question Are you active in the organized PR gaming community?

Thought it might be interesting to find out what kind of people visit the forum.

If you have no idea what 'organized PR gaming' is or just want to find out more about the subject, I did a small writeup on the topic in the wiki guide you can read. There is a direct link to this article in my signature. An excerpt:

Quote:
If you are even slightly serious about playing Project Reality, BF2 or tactical shooters in general you should consider getting involved with the organized play community as it will almost certainly be highly rewarding to you. Even though the general level of play is much higher in PR than in vanilla BF2, playing on public servers can be a frustrating experience at times: Teamkilling, inexperienced pilots constantly crashing, commanders and squad leaders going Rambo and general disorganization are all part of the day. If you are going to be playing more than strictly casually you should not put up with all this because the much better option of organized play is available.
So, are you 'organized'?
Old 2007-07-10, 18:21   #2
knewman

So would tacticalgamer.com be considered an organized pr gaming community?
Old 2007-07-10, 18:23   #3
{WaRrioR}

Erm yep probably.
Old 2007-07-10, 18:24   #4
Apheirox

Definitely, I mentioned them specifically in the article. I am afraid I know of no other like communities. There used to be TeamPlay First but they seem to be gone now.

Feel free to add more links to the article if you know of any. Clans should post in the forum thread, though.
Old 2007-07-10, 18:31   #5
knewman

I was with the USM clan shortly before they switched to ArmA, they were pretty intense about tactics and stuff.
Old 2007-07-10, 18:57   #6
mammikoura

teamplay community (PR.FI) and opreal tournament
I couldn't imagine myself just going to the pubs to play on my own.. never again. It worked fine back in the days of 0.2, but not anymore,
Old 2007-07-10, 19:37   #7
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

Teamplay Community: Presently organizing (planning stages) an in-house squad in Tactical Gamer.
Basicaly a group of players with a mini forum and tags.
Old 2007-07-10, 23:58   #8
BeerHunter
Supporting Member

None - primarily because of the time commitment.

Have thought about joining a squad or clan but would have to be one consisting of adults , which are few and far between.
Old 2007-07-11, 00:44   #9
Raniak

As if you needed a clan or something like that to find good teamworks/voip squads in PR... and all experiences I've had with clans and guilds in video games have been disappointing
Old 2007-07-11, 00:59   #10
Rick_the_new_guy

I have not played any for a good three months. May pick up .6 when it comes out.
Closed Thread

Tags
active, community, gaming, organized