project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
05 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2007-10-01, 02:47   #1
daddog
Default A few newbie questions.

I have been playing PR for about a month now. I don’t have nearly as much time as I would like, but I get in a couple hours a week. I thoroughly enjoy it. Much more than regular BF2. I have some more newbie questions that I am sure someone can answer.

1. Is there a way to film any of Project Reality? I dabble in making films (using Ulead) and would like to make some short clips of some of the action in the hopes recruiting some of those in my Aces High squad. I don’t see an option to turn on any kind of battle recorder. I have Fraps, but have not tried it that with PR yet.

2. Is it possible to shoot through walls? On occasion I see someone’s legs sticking out of a concrete wall at a construction site and was wondering if I shot at his legs would he take damage? How about through a wooden or simple plywood wall?

3. Is their any ranks in PR? If so what are the advantages to gaining rank? The weapons are managed much differently than the regular BF2 so I don’t see a need for ranks in PR.

4. I was kicked from a “Tactical Gamer” server for having a negative score. I had actually just spawned into the game in an ATV which was destroyed moment after I spawned into it. I gather that gave me the negative score as I had time to gain any points. What my question is the message said it was an [Admin Decision] Does that mean the server just booted me or someone actually manually booted me from the game. It was only for a minute, but I was wondering.

5. Is having Anisotropic filtering on a good idea? My graphics card is a GeoForce 6600GT. I have an AMD 3200 and 1.5 gigs of RAM. Not high end by any means.

6. I see many servers that say your not to use foul language and no team killing, but I was on one last weekend where several players were filling the text buffer with foul and abusive language. Also one fellow kept shooting and killing me (on my team), but he was not booted. Don’t servers monitor that, or does a player who manages that server have to be on to spot it?

Thanks in advance.
daddog is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 02:54   #2
Expendable Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddog View Post
I have been playing PR for about a month now. I don’t have nearly as much time as I would like, but I get in a couple hours a week. I thoroughly enjoy it. Much more than regular BF2. I have some more newbie questions that I am sure someone can answer.
Ok. Read the manual when you can. It's great.

Quote:
1. Is there a way to film any of Project Reality? I dabble in making films (using Ulead) and would like to make some short clips of some of the action in the hopes recruiting some of those in my Aces High squad. I don’t see an option to turn on any kind of battle recorder. I have Fraps, but have not tried it that with PR yet.
Fraps works.

Quote:
2. Is it possible to shoot through walls? On occasion I see someone’s legs sticking out of a concrete wall at a construction site and was wondering if I shot at his legs would he take damage? How about through a wooden or simple plywood wall?
Some materials can be shot through. If legs are hanging out I think that works as well.

Quote:
3. Is their any ranks in PR? If so what are the advantages to gaining rank? The weapons are managed much differently than the regular BF2 so I don’t see a need for ranks in PR.
EA does not allow you to mess with the ranking system, so no.

Quote:
4. I was kicked from a “Tactical Gamer” server for having a negative score. I had actually just spawned into the game in an ATV which was destroyed moment after I spawned into it. I gather that gave me the negative score as I had time to gain any points. What my question is the message said it was an [Admin Decision] Does that mean the server just booted me or someone actually manually booted me from the game. It was only for a minute, but I was wondering.
Automated.

Quote:
5. Is having Anisotropic filtering on a good idea? My graphics card is a GeoForce 6600GT. I have an AMD 3200 and 1.5 gigs of RAM. Not high end by any means.
It's a low card, so no. I do have a 7900GT for sale though.

Quote:
6. I see many servers that say your not to use foul language and no team killing, but I was on one last weekend where several players were filling the text buffer with foul and abusive language. Also one fellow kept shooting and killing me (on my team), but he was not booted. Don’t servers monitor that, or does a player who manages that server have to be on to spot it?
Not all servers use the language filter. Sometimes TK monitering is automated, sometimes it isn't.

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
No problem.
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 02:57   #3
daddog

Thank you sir! I did read the manual when I first started playing. Just so you know.

One other question I forgot to put in. How do I get my player ID number? I was looking at http://www.gloryhoundz.com/stats/
but my ingame call sign did not work.
Old 2007-10-01, 06:28   #4
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Also, some servers have the battlerecoreder going, some dont. I frankly have never gotten them downloaded... but yeah... some servers might... and thn use FRAPS.

Some servers get a few bad players and it can ruin it. Theres a list somewhere on the forums of players known for TKing. But normally they are booted off or banned.

Language.. some servers are really strictly and wont even let you say noob, some are lax and let small curses slide, while others still claim that being a reality mod, all language is allowed...

I hope my spelling wasnt atrocious... its 230am and i have a 9am class... and im still doing HW...

Welcome to the forums!
Okita
OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 08:11   #5
Cp

Is this you?

If you want to view your stats in the bf HQ tab then I suggest you download the ABR client:
http://www.battlefieldranking.net/re...ABR_Files.html

Instead of starting PR from your normal shortcut what you do is; first start ABR then enter your password and accountname then select a server in the project reality folder and press join, It will start PR for you and join the selected server.

IIRC the ABR client will also ensure that it uploads the stats correctly to the ABR server.
Cp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 04:03   #6
daddog

Thank you all.

What is the battle recorder? It is just on the server end?

I gather I will have to use Fraps to film any of my action.
Old 2007-10-02, 04:46   #7
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Battlerecorder is run by the server. Sorry i dont know one off hand, but theres prolly one out there...

FRAPS is good. i use it and I love it. Im sure there are similar ones out there that do the same thing. All it does is record... so i guess theres not MUCH difference.
OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 07:39   #8
zeidmaan

to better explain #2

Some new buildings the Devs made for this mod can be shot through and some can be partially or completely destroyed. But what you are describing is a bug/glitch that happens in vBF2 and all mods. If you stand with your back against the wall and than go prone, your legs will go through the wall and can be seen from the other side. And you can shoot those legs and kill the owner but you are not actually shooting through the wall but the legs in front of it.
zeidmaan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 21:51   #9
torenico

in .:thebattlearena:. server 24/7 basrah

i say.. damn i lose my M82

a mesnsaje

WARNING** CMD:.torenico you language is...

?? lol
torenico is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 21:57   #10
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

^ they told u everything.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality
http://realitygamer.org/

LtSoucy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, questions