project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2009
18 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-01, 23:28   #1
dbzao
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Cool [Gameplay] Logistics

I wanted to share some of the work on the logistics system of the mod.

This is the work of a bunch of people, R-DEVs and R-CONs, so I wont list them all here because I will probably forget some names.

Logistics Trucks

These are 2 man vehicles used to provide logistics support with supply crates and repairs (see bellow).

CREDITS:
Model: [R-DEV]Katarn
Texture: [R-DEV]Chuc
Export: [R-DEV]TrahnLee
Coding: [R-DEV]Jaymz & [R-DEV]dbzao

Supply Crates

Deployed by the logistics trucks and heavy transport helicopters (default right-click), provides faction specific infantry ammunition and supplies for deploying Forward Outposts. You are not able to rearm or build FOs from enemy supply crates.

CREDITS:
Model: [R-CON]Mescaldrav
Texture: [R-CON]Mescaldrav
Export: [R-DEV]Rhino
Coding: [R-DEV]Jaymz, [R-DEV]dbzao & [R-DEV]Rhino

Repair "Crates"

Deployed by the logistics trucks (default X), can repair vehicles in close proximity. Only one allowed per truck but with unlimited "supply", so you can move up, deploy a new one, and the old one will disappear. No need to rearm them like the supply crates. For 0.85, the wrench will only be used for mine disposal.

CREDITS:
Model: [R-DEV]Rhino
Texture: [R-DEV]Pride
Coding: [R-DEV]Jaymz, [R-DEV]dbzao & [R-DEV]Rhino

Vehicle Resupply/Repair Depot

Positioned mostly at main bases, provide vehicle ammunition and repairs. On carrier maps they will appear at forward control points once captured.

CREDITS:
Model: [R-DEV]Rhino, [R-CON]Mescaldrav & I.N
Texture: [R-DEV]Rhino, [R-CON]Mescaldrav, [R-DEV]Matrox, Alina Gal & [R-DEV]Pride
Coding: [R-DEV]Rhino, [R-DEV]Jaymz & [R-DEV]dbzao

APCs

These are going to be the main transport vehicles for the conventional forces. No more jeeps spawning from Forward Outposts and transport trucks being used once and abandoned everywhere. This will require a higher level of teamwork between squads and APCs will need to start acting like infantry transport and stop being used as "light tanks". Jeeps and transport trucks will feature on maps that fit the scenario of the map.

CREDITS:
Coding: [R-DEV]dbzao & [R-DEV]Jaymz

Kit Request

The only places to request kits will be the new Supply Crates (faction specific), the APCs and the Vehicle Depots. You will be able to request all types of kits (except crewman and pilot) from these places.

CREDITS:
Coding: [R-DEV]dbzao & [R-DEV]Jaymz

Interview

I did an interview/talk with elemanoel for the Project Reality Argentina community where I talk about most of these changes. He asked questions in spanish and I answered them in english, so everyone here can probably follow it without many problems.

You can download the MP3 here:

http://gloryhoundz.com/prmm/users/db..._interview.mp3
Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2009-01-02 at 15:59..
Old 2009-01-01, 23:32   #2
Eddiereyes909
Retired Forum Moderator
Default Re: [Gameplay] Logistics

Very good work
Old 2009-01-01, 23:36   #3
Rezza
Supporting Member

Awesome work! Looking Forward...

Old 2009-01-01, 23:37   #4
IAJTHOMAS

Very nice. Going to add another dimension to the mod. can already envisage the APCs zooming off in to the distance and the abuse that follows! :P
Old 2009-01-01, 23:38   #5
S.P.C-[Reality]-

OMG that is some amazing work right there...
Old 2009-01-01, 23:39   #6
ReadMenace

HUMPTASTIC!!!

-REad
Old 2009-01-01, 23:42   #7
Chimpanzeeee

BTR60 for ivan?! Fantastic! And v.glad to see the back of the last vanilla crate!
Old 2009-01-01, 23:44   #8
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
These are going to be the main transport vehicles for the conventional forces. No more jeeps spawning from Forward Outposts and transport trucks being used once and abandoned everywhere. This will require a higher level of teamwork between squads and APCs will need to start acting like infantry transport and stop being used as "light tanks". Jeeps and transport trucks will feature on maps that fit the scenario of the map.
I'm not sure I get it

The APCs are gonna be the primary transport, so will the number of jeeps that currently spawn at the start of the round be lowered?

the rest looks very nice

Old 2009-01-01, 23:46   #9
Pvt. Green

Awesome!

But does this mean that we can't request kits at Bunkers/Firebases/Rally Points?
Old 2009-01-01, 23:47   #10
Zimmer
Supporting Member

I dont know I am not really fuzzed about the changes :/

Car(Hummers, jeeps etc) convoys was so much better and more epic on alot of maps especially ramiel, albasrah and those sort of maps.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Closed Thread

Tags
gameplay, logistics