project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
14 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2014-05-03, 22:45   #1
guywithawrench
Default ZPU 4

I have noticed on all the quad guns on Muttrah and Jabal the smoke effects are too big and completely block your vision of what you are shooting at. Fire more then 5 rounds at a time and all I see is opaque white smoke in front of me and it takes a couple of seconds for it to clear by that time whatever you shot at is long gone or fixed on you. Can the effects be removed so the guns are the same as before because these things are useless with these smoke effects.
guywithawrench is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 23:47   #2
Spook
Supporting Member

Default Re: ZPU 4

I second that. Same on Jabal. You cant hit anything, the smoke screen completely fills your screen. After the first 2 rounds you wont see what you are shooting.

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 11:11   #3
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Agree here, has been noted. Thanks for letting us know.

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 17:03   #4
Mikemonster

Also is it possible to increase the overheat time to something that would enable one gun to be useful? Currently the guns overheat before they are able to kill anything, they are almost as bad as the .50 cals.

Considering that they are static, and are already nerfed by placement to be purely defensive, I don't see why they have been further nullified as weapons. On Jabal helis routinely take the mickey now!
Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 17:11   #5
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ye the overheat is something we are going to be looking at as it really shouldn't be as fast as it is in both terms of reality or gameplay.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 22:53   #6
[F|H]Zackyx

How it should be.
[F|H]Zackyx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 23:11   #7
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

that actually looks like alot of smoke....and he's only firing in bits and bobs

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 23:26   #8
[F|H]Zackyx

The camera in pr is at the wrong spot it should be above it, also IMO you should not be able to see the smoke thru the scope since the smoke should be out of focus. But the light physics are almost impossible to simulate in a video game, the out of focus problem is affecting so many things , sniper aiming thru the grass, tanks/apcs aiming thru bushes....
[F|H]Zackyx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 06:57   #9
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [F|H]Zackyx View Post
The camera in pr is at the wrong spot it should be above it, also IMO you should not be able to see the smoke thru the scope since the smoke should be out of focus.
In PR the camera is above the guns:

Not sure on the sighting it uses in r/l but giving it a scope ingame might make things tricky, but it would be possible to make it so you don't see the smoke from the first person view, although if we had both a scoped in and out views, I don't think we could make it so you could only not see the smoke from the scoped in view, would be for both views or none iirc.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 07:33   #10
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

The smoke got reduced for next patch. It is now more like in the video above.
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
zpu