project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
06 Jul 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-05, 00:30   #1
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Arrow Project Reality: Vietnam Update

That's right, the announcement of Project Reality: Vietnam on April 1 is real, and is currently being worked on by the Project Reality Team. The team successfully fooled the PR community into thinking it was a joke. We got some priceless reactions from community members that fell for it. Below are some of our personal favourites...

Fighter:
"Most fail April Fool's joke ever....
It made me /facepalm.
As soon as it saw it on my forum's RSS Feed, I was like wow PR just pulled the most fail April Fool's joke ever..."

Stealth Clobber:
"I sometimes doubt the intelligence of the player base when they can't tell immediately that this is a joke. A new PR mod, announced less than a month after PR Arma2, and still in BF2, in VIETNAM, conveniently on April Fools Day.
Come on now lol"

Drunkenup:
"Plausible, but complete bullshit."

162eRI:
"This could be an awesome idea if it wasn't an april fools joke.!"

Development
For the last few months, a few members of Project Reality Studios have been secretly working on merging the award winning modification, Project Reality, and the Black Sand Studios modification, Eve of Destruction. With the famous PR game play, mixed with the expansive Eve of Destruction content, the Project Reality Team will bring you new maps, vehicles, weapons, strategies, and experiences.

Screenshots
Some more screen shots to whet your appetite:

While the first release of Project Reality: Vietnam is some time away, stay tuned to the Project Reality Forums for more news and highlights as the project reaches its release goal.

-The Project Reality Team

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 2010-04-05, 00:38   #2
HangMan_
Default Re: Project Reality: Vietnam Update

hehe so many people fooled! The best april fools so far
Old 2010-04-05, 00:40   #3
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Sneaky DEVs well done

Old 2010-04-05, 01:06   #4
sgt.helltrouphy

We'll i can't wait to lose everybattle as U.S.
Old 2010-04-05, 01:09   #5
ma21212
Supporting Member

so...any idea on approximate release date?

Old 2010-04-05, 01:14   #6
49th-ServerAdmin

Yes, how far in development is this? Do we have a time online on release (weeks - months - years)? This looks to be very exciting... I love the Huey and to see it in it's glory days is AWESOME...

I'd have to say, depending on the the RP system I'll play the heck out of this mod...
Old 2010-04-05, 01:46   #7
TrahnLee
Retired PR Developer

There is a current, working, playable Alpha Build of the mod that is probably 95% complete. The only thing lacking is finalizing the maps we intend to use and testing the build. In a nutshell, just tieing up all the loose ends and ensuring everything works as intended.

For the most part, it will play like regular PR with maybe some slight changes, only 30 years in the past.

Old 2010-04-05, 02:07   #8
Anhkhoa

So Spec_Operater was right!

Quote:
But this is not a joke. It is too obvious to be a joke. The Devs knew we'd assume this is a joke and actually created it just to fool us. OR they knew that we'd think as far as that and it turns out to be actually a joke. OR they took it one step further, assumed that I'd assume that they'd assume that I'd assume that they'd assume that we'd assume that it is a joke so... what?
Old 2010-04-05, 02:29   #9
148kingtiger

:O you Left out one important detail! It was posted on the 31st!!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-04-05, 02:34   #10
Tofurkeymeister

As long as there is a Vietnam version of that one PR Chinese island map, I'm fine .
Closed Thread

Tags
project, reality, update, vietnam