project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
10 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2016-05-25, 14:00   #1
CaptMiller
Default [ATGM] 9K111 AT-4 Spigot

There is not many more details, but I'd like to discuss it on the forum.

The 9K111 Fagot (Russian: Фагот; "bassoon") is a second-generation tube-launched SACLOS wire-guided anti-tank missile system of the Soviet Union for use from ground or vehicle mounts. The 9K111 Fagot missile system was developed by the Tula KBP Design Bureau for Instrument Building. "9M111" is the GRAU designation of the missile. Its NATO reporting name is AT-4 Spigot. it is officially used by Russia and Ukraine in present time.

it was actively applied in the war in Chechnya by chechen separatists. Appliend by a lot of groups of rebels and terrorists in Sirya Civil War.

I have conceived to make this model especially for Militia faction. They have tanks, APCs in an asset, but shoot from old SPG-9. This AT-4 Spigot is something intermediate, between SPG-9 and ATGM of new generation. The Militia faction is on many maps, for her regularly plays many people and many face such problem that SPG-9 is useless in some cases. Of course to fractions of Hamas and Iraq Insurgents have to stay with SPG-9. But Militia deserves have ATGM of old generation like AT-4 Spigot. (sorry for my english)

The moments with which there can be difficulties

1.shooting is lying
2.specific sound before start of the rocket
3.before start of the rocket, the pipe cover opens
4.During a shot left and right of a pipe the red flame escapes

Some photos and screenshots:

CaptMiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-25, 14:08   #2
CaptMiller
Default Re: [ATGM] 9K111 AT-4 Spigot

There are many types of missle

9M111 Fagot (NATO: AT-4 Spigot and AT-4A Spigot A) Entered service in 1970. Maximum range 2,000 m (6,600 ft; 1.2 mi), minimum 70 m (230 ft). Warhead 400 mm versus RHA or 200 mm towards armour inclined at 60?[6]
9M111-2 Fagot (NATO: AT-4B Spigot B) Slightly improved version.
9M111M Faktoriya (Trading post) or Fagot-M (NATO: AT-4C Spigot C) Improved motor, longer guidance wire. Maximum range 2,500 m (8,200 ft; 1.6 mi), mimimum 75 m (246 ft). Improved single HEAT warhead; penetration 400 mm versus RHA or 230 mm towards armour inclined at 60?[6][7][8] (some publications claimed 9M111M to have tandem HEAT warhead).

Old 2016-05-25, 20:26   #3
anantdeathhawk

Looks like a promising ATGM with very low profile,means it will be harder to detect at distance and under foliage.
anantdeathhawk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-26, 05:47   #4
CaptMiller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j14d...ature=youtu.be
Old 2016-05-26, 11:18   #5
CaptMiller

And it will be possible to include this complex for militia faction ?

I am concerned by these moments whether really will be to carry out them. Especially to me the first two points are important how to make all this?

1.shooting is lying
3.before start of the rocket, the pipe cover opens
4.During a shot left and right of a pipe the red flame escapes
Old 2016-05-26, 15:37   #6
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Nice stuff. There already is a AT-4 model floating around from POE2. Not sure what is up with it and if we have permission to use..
From your list everything seems possible. Not 100% on 2., but should be possible.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-26, 16:00   #7
Jacksonez__

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
Nice stuff. There already is a AT-4 model floating around from POE2. Not sure what is up with it and if we have permission to use..
From your list everything seems possible. Not 100% on 2., but should be possible.
But is

really that needed? I mean every rocket has that rocket motor sound before that actual launch and that sound is not featured in PR.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f38...rnet-atgm.html

This guy was modding 9M1133 Kornet but I think he isn't working on that no more. When you compare these two, they are pretty much alike.

9M133 Kornet (NATO: AT-14 Kornet

9K111 Fagot (NATO: AT-4 Spigot)

Fagot (circa 1970) is around 20 years older than Kornet (circa 1998 ). But why not have both.
Last edited by Jacksonez__; 2016-05-26 at 16:10..
Old 2016-05-26, 16:12   #8
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
But is

really that needed? I mean every rocket has that rocket motor sound before that actual launch and that sound is not featured in PR.
To be fair most ATGM have some sound before launch and we do not represent it in game, so probably wont do for this either.
Kornet and Fagot are two different generations of ATGM. The Kornet would be more for Russia and Fagot for Militia i suppose. At the end of the day we cant have enough of these so we can finally remove HJ-8 from some factions.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-26, 17:44   #9
CaptMiller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIDHfr0-JlM

Sound at this complex very distinct and ringing, but if it takes away too much time and forces, then it is possible to forget this point. But I ready do that if me told how to change a sound
Old 2016-05-28, 07:25   #10
CaptMiller

Edited tube

thickness of the lower pipe is various, depends on rocket type

Tags
at4, atgm, spigot