project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-24, 07:59   #1
Alucard
Default [Proposal] revamp of the M1A2 abrams

well as a teen that aspires to join the army and become a tanker i find the tank system for the m1a2 rather disappointing in PR i do realize that they prolly did the m1a2 the way they did so it wasn't over powered vs the other tanks but come on were going for realism and the system for the m1 will be much better for INS maps mainly cause the m1 was outfitted for city warfare after a while so heres a picture of what i propose

so i propse we revamp the A1 to A2 since most maps are army and the army uses the A2

now then notice the that it has 2 M2HG's now then the automated one is for the tank commander to mark targets etc. which uses a system like the crow or stryker i do realize that anyone that played amra2 knows what i mean so my point being this since a tank cannot see ground lazes (like it should be able to) we add a tank commander to the mix now we don't need to have 2 50 cals but it would be preferable for INS maps one for the commander and one for the top gun i do realize that this would make tank squads only able to man 1 tank if the crew is 4 and i can see that as being a problem however the tank commander part of the m1 needs to be added desperately we need to have a lazer painting system for the m1 instead of using a squad leader system to mark targets the reason for this is being when driving you don't always have time to mark targets the commander would be a valuable asset for spotting enemies and the survivability of the M1 on INS maps if were working on the humvee outfitted with armor why can't we have a tank commander so what im asking for is help i have no modding experience really so i need a modeler and texturer to get this project going

EDIT: also if this is undoable could we add a sight to the .50 cal? the new warfare is all about optics for the US and the M1A2's .50 cal so im told by a tanker friend comes standard with optics on it because lets face it the 50 cal gunner is basically useless for long range warfare and thats the roll of the MBT's used in iraq right now there a support vehicle for infantry not a move into the city and say YAAAAA look at me and die to a bomb car
Last edited by Alucard; 2010-05-24 at 08:47..
Old 2010-05-24, 08:53   #2
Jonny
Default Re: [Proposal] revamp of the M1A2 abrams

Suggestions for factions with MAs are no longer being considered, according to the MODs & DEVs.

I think they also want to concentrate more on OPFOR factions than BLUFOR, too.
Old 2010-05-24, 08:54   #3
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

isn't that the TUSK varient which is a bit different?

While I agree that actually we should have the extra m240 position on the tank :P (gives the driver somewhere to sit when turning the engine off)

Quote:
EDIT: also if this is undoable could we add a sight to the .50 cal?
if this was done it would be done accross the board I think

Quote:
this since a tank cannot see ground lazes (like it should be able to)
I once made a thread on this and I thought the consensus is that tanks cannot see ground lases?

Old 2010-05-24, 09:31   #4
Silly_Savage

M1A2 Abrams with TUSK

The model originally had the CROWS system modeled, but was since removed.
Old 2010-05-24, 10:15   #5
Z-trooper
Retired PR Developer

PR has had both the M1A1 and the M1A2 since 0.9.

The only notable external difference from the A1 to the A2 is the CITV, which is this commander sight:

The TUSK upgrade is another story though, and the PR M1 has part of the TUSK upgrade as a child option in the form of the reactive side armor tiles. The rest of the upgrades were not made due to 0.9 being close to release as well as a missing usable CROWS model.

@ Silly, the model you are linking to is not the one in PR. PR's model originates from USI, and I made some of the improvements to bring it to A2 standards as well as the reactive tiles.

There are currently no work being done to the abrams as the focus is on OPFOR assets.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Here is a shot of the M1A2 with reactive armor on:

"Without geometry, life is pointless"
Old 2010-05-24, 10:30   #6
Alucard

alright the M1A2 can see ground lazes from weapons that inf use kinda like the stryker did in MW2 there for it can see lazers also the A2 does not have the command seat with automated turret i just played karbala and it didn't have it nor a second M2

EDIT: however i do know how to texture a bit so if the dev's aren't doing any work on the abrams could i have the model and a UV map and i'll give a go at texturing it?
Old 2010-05-24, 19:30   #7
Silly_Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Z-trooper View Post
@ Silly, the model you are linking to is not the one in PR. PR's model originates from USI, and I made some of the improvements to bring it to A2 standards as well as the reactive tiles.
I realize this. I was just posting the Abrams that CaptWildstar was working on until he stopped visiting the forums.

Unlike the Abrams from USI, this Abrams was modeled from scratch with the intent of including the TUSK upgrade. Whereas we simply took the USI model and added some of the TUSK features via child objects.
Old 2010-05-25, 01:38   #8
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Alucard thanks for the interest but use the suggestion forums for this type of stuff, the community modding forums is a place to actually post Work in Progress, if you have no intention of working on any modeling/texturing/coding/etc then use the suggestion forums (When you have enough posts).
Closed Thread

Tags
abrams, m1a2, proposal, revamp