project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Objects
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-09-03, 06:56   #1
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default [Military]TRML Radar container

Kovanaama created this very nice TRML container for us but we need someone to UV map it, if you are interested please let me or [R-DEV]AfterDune know.

Glimmerman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 09:07   #2
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Static]TRML Radar container

This could be much more optimized, especially the legs. Why does it have open entrance when there is virtually no interior?

Why did kovanaama drop it?

Sorry if I come across as harsh, but this just doesnt look like finished model to me.

PS: Also some edged screenshots from perspective would help, very hard to see any details on this.

lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 09:17   #3
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

ye, 13k tris is waaaay too much for something like this.... That's more than a MBT.

looks like also some bits will be zfighting quite a bit and also what excatly is the purpose of this?

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2013-09-03 at 09:22..
Old 2013-09-03, 10:12   #4
Kovanaama

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
This could be much more optimized, especially the legs. Why does it have open entrance when there is virtually no interior?
You can step in and then press "E" to get in commanders seat. OR we can just make simple door on the side of it but that wouldnt be so cool. :P Point out where we can optimize.

Quote:
Why did kovanaama drop it?
What do you mean?

Quote:
Sorry if I come across as harsh, but this just doesnt look like finished model to me.
Then point out the problems and advice. Im not professional modeller and help is always welcome.

Quote:
PS: Also some edged screenshots from perspective would help, very hard to see any details on this.
Will do.

Kovanaama is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 10:17   #5
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovanaama View Post
You can step in and then press "E" to get in commanders seat. OR we can just make simple door on the side of it but that wouldnt be so cool. :P
Better to just have the door closed and you press "e" at the door to "get in" if this is an "ACV" kinda thing but not really in line with other ACVs ingame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovanaama View Post
What do you mean?
He means why aren't you UVing it yourself? Normally when someone doesn't UV something they have dropped it, as well as the model needing quite a bit of work still.

As for the model, your wasting loads of tris on lots of tiny little things that wont be visible most of the time unless your right up close to it. Tiny wires should have like 3 sides for example and no one will be able to tell the difference between that and 32 sides

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 10:19   #6
Kovanaama

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
ye, 13k tris is waaaay too much for something like this.... That's more than a MBT.

looks like also some bits will be zfighting quite a bit and also what excatly is the purpose of this?
Agreed. Tri count can be cut down. Can you point those Z-fighting places so i can try to fix them? This is static and i understand that commander will use it?

PS: How many tris this model can have? Those metal thingies on the side are screaming of tris. They can be just textured on the model but i just wanted to make them on the model.
Old 2013-09-03, 10:28   #7
Kovanaama

Quote:
Better to just have the door closed and you press "e" at the door to "get in" if this is an "ACV" kinda thing but not really in line with other ACVs ingame.
Will do.

Quote:
He means why aren't you UVing it yourself? Normally when someone doesn't UV something they have dropped it, as well as the model needing quite a bit of work still.
I dont have skills with UV things yet. If Dutch faction wants it fast done then this is the only way. I have started modelling with FDF modellers and they have teached me a LOT but i consider myself as super beginner for now. I dont have spare time to study as fast as i would like so thats why my skills are limited.

Quote:
As for the model, your wasting loads of tris on lots of tiny little things that wont be visible most of the time unless your right up close to it. Tiny wires should have like 3 sides for example and no one will be able to tell the difference between that and 32 sides
FDF guys warned me about that too yes.. but did i listen to them? nooooooo...
I fix the model.
Old 2013-09-03, 10:49   #8
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The idea behind this model is to function as a ACV but more in line with a ATC tower from this static you can control main base fixed SAM launchers (NASAMS-2)

I also just noticed you are missing some X supports on the radar boom:

http://www.luchtdoelartillerie.nl/pagina.php?actie=trml

see last picture

Glimmerman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 16:28   #9
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

thread moved, we have a seperate area for statics

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 08:13   #10
Kovanaama
Default Re: [Military]TRML Radar container

- Dropped the tris count from 13 000 to 6785 by deleting metal plates from sides
- Wires are now 3 sided
- Added X-supports to the boom.
- deleted some objects that are hidden or too far to see.

@Rhino, is 6785 enough and do you want the model file and look it a bit and then to give some feedback?

Tags
container, militarytrml, poxo is ghey, radar, statictrml