project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > AncientMan
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
My First Vehicle
Posted in: Coding
Posted 2009-10-11 at 08:12 by [R-DEV]AncientMan

With my first real venture into the BF2 Editor (believe it or not, I've done all this work on PR without actually doing anything in in the editor ), I decided to spice up a vehicle I found in BF2.

A bomb truck . Basically it's just an alternative to the current big red semi bomb truck, but more awesome . With any luck, you might see this in a map or two in 0.9 .
Views: 50752 | Comments: 60

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 60
  1. Old Comment
    If you where to introduce an empty version that impliments a penalty if destroyed while being driven by a civi it would maybe be a good diversion techneique and/or practice of checking targets before you fire

maybe leave the omg on the explosive version and take it off the non explosive one... easy to check then
    Posted 2009-10-26 at 19:10 by UKrealplayER666 UKrealplayER666 is offline
  2. Old Comment
    I think this is FAR better than Big Red. Big Red just doesnt fit in, where this is perfect. I also love the OMG lol.

Side Note: Considering the size of the explosion, surely there shouldnt be any truck left after detonation? So rather than having a charred yet more-or-less intact truck carcass, can we just do away with it completely? Maybe just add a few more bits of shrapnel?
  3. Old Comment
    "Loved it"
    Please keep the OMG chrome letters on the fromt. Under the precident that the big bomb itself is also a visual cue that this is a bomb car. I am also all for a non-explosive transport model with MAN in chrome letters on the front, or maybe one that can be used to block roads or entrances for area denial.

To make the "Blue teams" more carefull and afraid of bomb cars. I recommend vehicles full of Civilian(s) be protected under the Geneva Convention. To say "Blue forces" are penalized if they shoot a vehicle with only civilian(s). That`s how I see it in real life. The soldiers protecting bases or embacies don`t know what car has a bomb in it.

Edit: I like OMG truck or just OMG, and If that is an ANFO combination in the back with Fuel oil and Boxes of bags fertilizer. Then the Boom would take out quite a big area or a big building
    Updated 2009-10-28 at 20:49 by MurderDogg
  4. Old Comment
    O M G it looks amazing + i love how the front says O M G
  5. Old Comment
    KAboom KAboom ^^
  6. Old Comment
    the OMG ist the coolest thing about it!! Don't change it!!
  7. Old Comment
    But Big red has its infamous name for a reason, its BIG and its red.. what can we call this one?

BOOM-truck ?
    omg, RUUUN!!!
  8. Old Comment
    u dont wanna be on the reciving end of this baby
  9. Old Comment

:D

EPIC!!!
  10. Old Comment
    I for one liked the "OMG"

Tags