project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Pride
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
Bit more US lovin...
Posted in: Uncategorized
Posted 2009-12-19 at 00:18 by Pride

What with FIST posting Readmenace and his new kit geoms, thought i'd give you a peak at something that i've supposed to have been working on for aaages now, but only recently have been making progress on due to lack of time etc etc.

Anyway, i'm sure some of you will remember Cheesemans Uparmoured HMMWV...well, here it is:

[IMG]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm115/Pride10101/HMMWV4.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm115/Pride10101/HMMWV3.jpg[/IMG]

Still very much WIP, and unfortunately not gonna make 0.9 (and before anyone comments, i know i spelt berserker wrong :p)

Credits:

Model: Cheeseman
UV: Cheeseman
Textures: Cheeseman, taken over by Pride

/Pride
Views: 74210 | Comments: 46

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 46
  1. Old Comment
    wow thats looks sexy. Just the other day i was wondering when, if ever, these would be featured in PR. Nice job fellas.
  2. Old Comment
    Tusk tanks, Up Armored humvees, I'm in love.
  3. Old Comment
    soooooooooo excited until i saw "not gonna make 0.9", but im still a little excited
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freeway View Comment
    so we cant snipe the gunner anymore ? . i am gonna miss how we Leeenfield the gunner , they r looking great but again insurgent is gonna be tough to play as . damn gotta find a new way to kill them
    Ieds My Firend. Ieds
  5. Old Comment
    I'm glad the US will finally get some extra protection for the gunner. Nice job :)
  6. Old Comment
    If it is "not gonna make 0.9" does that mean that PR 0.9 will come very soon?
    Ahh.. rhetorical question. Nice humvee.
  7. Old Comment
    Nice work, the gun shield should be quite an improvement in game.

I'm wondering if a MA can clear up whether humvees and land rovers are still taken outside bases in Afghanistan, despite the significant mine/IED threat and introduction of thousands of MRAPs.

All the Humvees add-on armor probably wouldn't help much when driving over an IED as the hull of the vehicles are flat, especially if the armor is just weighing down the suspension reducing ground clearance.

I know there's a balance issue on the BF2 engine with MRAPs, since the vehicle is meant to be tough enough to drive over a mine without killing everyone inside. That level of armor in-game could make it ridiculously resistant to ballistic attacks as well.

I'd hoped that they could somehow be coded to be only disabled by mines like a tank looses it's tracks already, but it mightn't be consistent.

The conventional war scenario with MEC and China in PR excuses it to an extent because the US and UK would probably fall back on to their large supply of humvees and land rovers. Instead of relocating the heavier MRAPs designed for insurgent IED threats.
    Updated 2009-12-19 at 10:31 by Snazz
  8. Old Comment
    Talk about a tease lol.

Looks good though
  9. Old Comment
    looks awesome, but for diversity, i hope it will not completely replace the old one, oh and we ned a beachparty version of this one
  10. Old Comment
    The US gets way to much love :s
    Give more to PLA...they still suck in my eyes