Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > CodeRedFox
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
New Korengal opinions
Posted in: Uncategorized
Posted 2010-02-06 at 06:55 by CodeRedFox

Hey guys,

Please give my your opinions of the new Korengal. I'm not looking for bugs or errors right now just the over all feeling. Any battle AAR would be great.

Thanks
Views: 22350 | Comments: 40

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 40
  1. Old Comment
    The map is still great. I haven't played it as U.S. yet but I hear the main base changes are awesome. I am just concerned that the 25 tickets per cache for the BLUFOR is too much. I feel 15 would have been better. The number of caches seems to be spot on unless you get someone who accidentally takes one out with an IED.

So, the map still plays great. I just think the Insurgency changes give the BLUFOR more of an advantage which will take some time getting used to.
  2. Old Comment
    @Porto,

Yeah that was me and my squad you were fighting in the top left corner of the map last night!
    Good fight! Was a fun round.
  3. Old Comment
    Thanks all, I can only get so much player testing from the testers (kinda busy guys) and a real world gameplay helps.
  4. Old Comment
    Way too slow, neither side ever really does anything productive....
  5. Old Comment
    Played one and a half rounds on it and I'm still undecided. First one i was Taliban and despite our intense defenses and lots of US killed, we still ended up losing the match with the US having over 100 tickets at the end. If it was .87 with 10tickets per cache and 10 needed, it would have been a closer game.

But, then last night I joined half way into a round and got put on BluFor. It sucked, we were basically pinned down in our main by Taliban on the ridge line to the north. 1 squad was wondering around in the south and the rest of the team was getting picked off 1 by 1 inside the main base. In about 15minutes we went from over a hundred tickets to zero.
  6. Old Comment
    Interesting.

The cache point thing unfortunately I have no control over as its a "whole game" setting. My goal has always been that Korengal will be played very different depending on who's playing. So if you were pinned the whole round, well that can happen, I just hope its doesn't...always happen.

The big issue that burns us is that the stationary guns cant be reloaded/resupplied. lame hardcode thing.
  7. Old Comment
    I like the new korengal very much... has a nice sutble change to it and like the features.
    I noticed the new road too which make the map much more accessible from lower regions now there is no mainbase and will make game much more interesting.

p.s the new road didnt show up on my minimap.

good works
  8. Old Comment
    I forgot to update the minimap oh well
  9. Old Comment
    Haven't played yet Redfox, but tried to avoid it last time, I will try and have a go tonight and my deepest respect for posting this personal style thread, such commitmet to OUR fun thx man.
  10. Old Comment
    The new US base; oh boy, I had stickypants. It's absolutely lovely, and beside sticking out at the edges to fire with your rifle, it seems delightfully impossible to be killed inside the base. Simply everything about it is great, and its positioning is just great to allow the US to spread down the hills.

Still, though, it seems very hard to get places due to the insurgents tending to be... well, everywhere. A lot of the time, your entire squad will get caught up by 3 or 4 guys who managed to simply hide inside a tree or bush and fire from inside it, making it very hard to fight back.

It also seems that as soon as you clear the area, another 5 are inbound. It's likely due to the fact that the map is smaller (in area and layout, because action tends to group on half of the map) than a lot of the current insurgency maps, and even more foliage to conceal movement. I think, tbh, a lot of the issues with the map involve it's size. As much as I love the feel and the look of the map, as well as a lot of the innovative areas, it falls short in the fact that you can so easily be swarmed as the US; no matter how much you move or how well defensible a position you have, you'll eventually have 6 Taliban running up to you with guns ready.

I think I'll have to play it some more and see if it's possible to manage using other means, like some external fire support from long ranges... like having a single man inside the main base firing on targets at long range with the base-mounted M249s, and maybe even a grenadier up there.

You've done a great job with what you have, but I think it's an issue with the overall layout of the area that makes it extremely difficult to survive on the US team.