Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > CodeRedFox
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
New Korengal opinions
Posted in: Uncategorized
Posted 2010-02-06 at 06:55 by CodeRedFox

Hey guys,

Please give my your opinions of the new Korengal. I'm not looking for bugs or errors right now just the over all feeling. Any battle AAR would be great.

Thanks
Views: 22159 | Comments: 40

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 40
  1. Old Comment
    Awesome.
  2. Old Comment
    Haven't played it yet :/
  3. Old Comment
    not bad it is better than the last ver but there are problems for example not being able to get accross the river withouy extreme diffeculty
  4. Old Comment
    I loved the old Korengal but I haven't played the new Korengal. It seems no one wants to play it.

Being able to manoeuvre has always been a problem but I thought that was kind of the point of the map
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eggbloke View Comment
    IIt seems no one wants to play it.
    It'll come, people are all hyped over the new maps. I haven't tried Korengal yet either.
  6. Old Comment
    Bonjour [R-DEV]CodeRedFox i play Korengal 5 mn because my connection out , but i can see the new US Base , tht s very nice , the short time i play like a post in state of siege ( hope my english is good).
    I try to go outside , but very good enemy front of us .
    Tonight i have time to play .And hope havent disconnection.

Thanks.
    And i try to explain what i feel.
    Posted 2010-02-06 at 17:42 by psychickactivity psychickactivity is offline
  7. Old Comment
    Feels more organized, I played as insurgent last night. It is way easier for BluFOR to get caches which makes defending the caches a more important task for the Op-For. Over all it is better than it was in .87, good work.
  8. Old Comment
    I haven't played it yet.

But from .87 it felt like the US base was a small village instead of a hesco FORTRESS!!!

Movement up hills as taliban was really hard, gameplay was dumbingly slow.

Overall didn't enjoy it.
  9. Old Comment
    It seemed to be very difficult to get a FOB across the river about halfway or so into the match, most of the US forces seemed to get stuck on the northern half of the map, but no worries, we can swim.
  10. Old Comment
    The new Korengal definitely feels much better than the previous version. I actually enjoyed playing it this time. Not that it wasn't good before, it's just that I found it extremely frustrating when playing as BluFor. That's all changed now...

I played last night on the Hardcore Insurgency server (it was full). I joined the game a little late and was automatically placed on BluFor. There were already 3 or 4 caches destroyed, and we had a ton of tickets left. I was immediately impressed by the new base. I felt so secure, I didn't wanna leave. The team had also setup around 4 FO's!

Our squad spent the remainder of the round defending one of the FO's. I don't know if it's just me, but it feels like the lighting has changed or something. The OpFor was much more concealed in the shadows & trees and what-not. We had some intense fighting in the top-left corner of the map. I don't think our squad was able to get a cache, but the rest of the team sure didn't seem to have a problem. They were quickly going down left & right! It almost felt too easy. Needless to say, we won with plenty of tickets to spare. I wish I had a screenshot of the final score list.

Now, I look forward to playing on that map again. Good job with the updates.