project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Rhino
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
Muttrah City (v2) v0.91 GPO Update
Posted in: Mapping
Posted 2010-03-05 at 07:47 by [R-DEV]Rhino

With many players reporting balance issues with the current GPO (Game Play Objects, ie vehicle spawn settings etc) setup with Muttrah City (v2) in v0.909 and after playing a few rounds of it myself I could the balance was off and as such, I've corrected it for the v0.91 :)

[B][SIZE="6"][U]Control Point Setup[/U][/SIZE][/B]

First of all for the Flag setup, I've merged the old East and West City Centres into one City Centre flag and also fixed the fort flag radius again so its only inside the fort so players outside of the fort can't cap the flag. I've also made South City neutral on the game start and I've also moved the North City flag radius a little more to the north.

[IMG]http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4971/53364519.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6415/03052010045800.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6193/03052010050055.jpg[/IMG]

As well as that I've made it so that the USMC can't bleed the MEC out unless they capture the fort itself and only then do the MEC get a super heavy bleed. With any luck this should mean that we might get some combat in and around the fort on some games before the the MEC runs out of tickets. To compensate for this I've given the USMC 50 more tickets than the MEC since if the MEC defend the fort well they should be able to easily knock off that many tickets off the USMC when they are attacking it.

[B][SIZE="6"][U]USMC Setup[/U][/SIZE][/B]

For the USMC I've basically reverted back to the old setup, attack huey spawning at the start with no respawn and replaced with a cobra later in the game on a 20min spawn delay. Only thing different from .87 is that instead of having two little birds that don't respawn I've replaced them with anouther Huey that doesn't respawn and also made one of the re spawning hueys (out of two) have a max number of 2 two spawn. Also the USMC do have the vehicle depo and the logi truck that spawns once the docks is capped like before.

[B]What USMC start with:[/B]
[IMG]http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6291/screen942.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/9648/screen945.jpg[/IMG]

[B]And What respawns/spawns later for USMC (+ the APCs, Logistics Truck and Boats):[/B]
[IMG]http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/9074/screen944.jpg[/IMG]

[B][SIZE="6"][U]MEC Setup[/U][/SIZE][/B]

For the MEC I'm only having them start off with 4 transport trucks and one support (no gun) BRDM that all of them do not respawn. I've then put the 3 APC (down from 4) spawns, one BRDM (with gun), one UAZ and two Logistics trucks all connected to South City (which is now neutral on game start) so the MEC must cap that flag before there stuff starts spawning. All of this stuff respawns and the APCs + BRMD has a spawn delay.

[B]What the MEC start off with (none of which respawns):[/B]
[IMG]http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/9315/screen946.jpg[/IMG]

[B]What spawns for MEC strait after South City is captured:[/B]
[IMG]http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/4440/screen938.jpg[/IMG]

[B]What is on spawn delay after South City is captured:[/B]
[IMG]http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/5223/screen943.jpg[/IMG]

This setup still allows for the MEC to rush the docks with there trucks if they wish to, but critically they now can not get a firebase up at docks until they have captured south city which any rush they do pull off, unless they are really lucky or skilled will most likley be beaten off by the USMC troops landing in and with the attack huey. They will also most likely loose one of there valuable transport trucks that don't respawn in doing so. No reinforcements will really be available after the rush unless the MEC team want to risk not capturing the flags up to the docks which will not only mean they will leave an open path for the USMC but also there assets wont spawn in as quickly.

This I hope will bring the fighting away from docks at the start of the game (other than possibly a small rush) and will bring it more into the city where the map really shines and doesn't mean the MEC can crush the USMC with one feel swoop.

I hope this is what your all looking for and when I get round to doing the Muttrah City (v2.5) update I'll then consider some drastic changes other the maps gameplay layout :)
Views: 22494 | Comments: 40

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 40
  1. Old Comment
    I preferred cobra no respawn and 2 attack hueys but I think for public play its better the you have done it.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kirra View Comment
    R.I.P. Littlebirds on Muttrah. It has been fun.
    The LBs may return to Muttrah at some point in the future but we will have to see

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LudacrisKill View Comment
    I preferred cobra no respawn and 2 attack hueys but I think for public play its better the you have done it.
    Ye, the problem with the cobra being attached to the docks spawn is that it really encourages the MEC to rush even more to prevent the USMC from getting it. Yesterday in a round we managed to delay the USMC from getting the Cobra for over 30mins until they finally captured docks (for 5mins before we capped it back) and then it was shot down in less than 5mins of it being in an air just because the pilot flew into a hot zone.

Also with the cobra attached to the docks flag and not having any attack chopper spawning at the start of the round you do not have any air power to help counter a MEC rush.

If the Cobra was to spawn at the very start of the round it could really rape the crap out of the MEC before they have a chance of getting up AA etc and when they are in semi-predictable locations coming out of there main and capping the flags where while the Attack Huey is powerful, it can't do as much damage nor precise damage like the cobra.

So ye, IMO this is probably the best compromise for at least public play
  3. Old Comment
    This definitely is a step in the right direction, but it doesn't negate the difficult fact that the MEC can just rush the docks with everything they have except for half a squad in a UAZ.

..m..
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude View Comment
    This definitely is a step in the right direction, but it doesn't negate the difficult fact that the MEC can just rush the docks with everything they have except for half a squad in a UAZ.

..m..
    Well they don't have a UAZ at the start of the game and if they did rush them with everything they had then they delay the time there other stuff spawns even more as well as take a huge camble on if they are beaten off by the USMC they have nothing to fall back onto, thou if the gable dose work they can win but that's unlikely when the USMC has air support from the start and APCs coming up to shore with the rest of it
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LudacrisKill View Comment

I Must say, I Was hoping that the attack Hueys would stay and the Cobra would go. The cobra is just to easy to kill. It can't take a single stinger hit. But the Hueys can.

But I am looking forward to so fort action. Breaching and defending is going to be a blast (c4 knocking at your door).
  6. Old Comment
    Maybe Muttrah will be really good now :D

And yeah L4gi, eat this :D
  7. Old Comment
    nice. hopefuly this will balance the map, and rely on inf fighting around the city. this will prevent USMC having half of the team in asset squads. hoopefully 3 trans pilots, 3 cobra, 4 LAV, still 22 guys in infantry, as oposed to MEC. 6 guys in BTR (+ maybe 2 in BRDM)

when will we have a chance to test this out?
  8. Old Comment
    UH-OH! I see people having to work together for the MEC now! Nice, I like the changes.
  9. Old Comment
    I've always felt the USMC side was very fragile on this map. It's a great idea to give them some time to set up their defenses a bit.

I think the US should get a 50 cal hmmv to go with that logi truck because right now the truck is very vulnerable when moving around.
  10. Old Comment
    Great fixes Rhino! Some of the best rounds I've had on Muttrah is when there was intense city fire fights, that truely is when Muttrah shines. Now all we have to do is get the changes implemented on servers, and give it a thorough test run!