Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Nosferatu
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
Rant
Posted in: Uncategorized
Posted 2010-08-09 at 20:21 by [R-DEV]Nosferatu

Watch this:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/expendables"]http://www.youtube.com/expendables[/URL]

And read this:

I have a message for those of you guys who still remembers what it means to be an action movie fan and knows that "ruthless aggression" is not a feeling when in GTA you have invulnerability and infinite ammo. Hell no! It's when blood mixed with adrenaline typhoon boils in your veins and you absolutely positively have to destroy anything that stands in your way, and you are hellbent on doing it, no matter if this is 6 ft jock jacked up with muscles, store shelf with "Grey's Anatomy" DVDs (ARRRRRRGH!!!:mad:) or an army tank! If you know how it feels then your time is coming! August 13th!

Did 00s put you in hibernation? If not then how come you, men, allowed "Sex and the City", "Twilight Saga", Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, "HSM" and tons of other crap to fill your cinema screens, your internets and your minds? I'll tell you how - because you let this happen, your minds are weak and limped, your hands forgot about weights bigger than X-Box gamepads and you are like "yeah, like... you know... whatever". What would have happened if Sly have said "I'll be like, you know, banging chicks on camera and be Italian Stallion and that script of mine about that boxing dude, it's like... whatever" or Arnold have said "I'll just keep, you know, pumping muscles and, like, smoking pot till my 40s and then ... whatever"? Nothing good! It's time for you to wake up and smell the rock bottom! 00s took true action movies from you, replaced it with plastic crap, but now it's payback time and you know what they say about payback! August 13th!

At August 13th it's time for you to decide - will you stay pussy-whipped zombie by following your girlfriend on "EPL" premiere or will you rise from ashes and go to see true men in "The Expendables"!

Long story short - grab what's left of stuff that makes you man in one hand, your money in other and run like hell to theatres because that line up of washed-up action heroes in "The Expendables" are here not for your dollar, they are here to remind you about being a man.

And I pity the fools who will download movie from torrents instead of enjoying gore and intense violence on big screen. I do, I do! Use torrents for helping your comrades to download 0.92 release, enjoy movie in theatres and come back here for new portions of guns and glory.

Peace.

[YOUTUBE]vV0bM6_TYvc[/YOUTUBE]
Updated 2010-08-10 at 06:04 by [R-DEV]Nosferatu
Views: 12631 | Comments: 18

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 18
  1. Old Comment
    It comes out on my birthday, will definitely be seeing this
  2. Old Comment
    sad. i bet producers thought the same when made up this crap and gathered this frankenstein bundle together.
  3. Old Comment
    Frankenstain was awsome... can't wait to see the movie

allthough i have to wonder what Nosferatu gets for this, hopefully more than a free T-shirt
  4. Old Comment
    Haha, excellent post, Nos .
  5. Old Comment
    I am a fan of the action movie genre, am also dismayed at the way cinema and TV has gone and look forward to seeing the Expendables. However saying "GO SEE THIS MOVIE OR YOU'RE NOT A MAN, IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT THE WAY MOVIES ARE GOING" is not a good way to promote anything.

Ever considered that the movie might actually turn out to be a disappointment? A famous ensemble cast doesn't automatically equal a good movie. Anyone familiar with the history of action movies should know they can easily miss the mark, especially nowadays.
    Updated 2010-08-10 at 08:08 by Snazz
  6. Old Comment
    ^Pussy

7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snazz View Comment
    I am a fan of the action movie genre, am also dismayed at the way cinema and TV has gone and look forward to seeing the Expendables. However saying "GO SEE THIS MOVIE OR YOU'RE NOT A MAN, IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT THE WAY MOVIES ARE GOING" is not a good way to promote anything.

Ever considered that the movie might actually turn out to be a disappointment? A famous ensemble cast doesn't automatically equal a good movie. Anyone familiar with the history of action movies should know they can easily miss the mark, especially nowadays.
    You probably enjoyed Twilight, your argument is invalid.
    Posted 2010-08-10 at 17:03 by Smegburt_funkledink Smegburt_funkledink is offline
  8. Old Comment
    Nosferatu's blogs/posts are always epic! Actually thats the 1st non PR related blog I didnt close with an angry/disappointed face
  9. Old Comment
    Dear readers, sometimes, in the heat of emotional breakdown or debates, we all could lose ourselves and do mistakes. Thanks to comment of cautious forum user here I realised how overzealous I could be. So here's how this blog entry should be written from position of restrained person:

Gentlemen, it came to my attention that there is a bunch of old B-movie "stars" and funny guy from "Everybody hates Chris", who, for reason unknown consider themselves capable to make another 13th out of dozen B-movie about mercs actually succesful. Yeah, like we are still in 80s. Jeesh. You have seen some of them on TV recently, while they were drunk or high or both, and some of them in movie theaters while you've been kids and sneaked inside to see adult movies illegally. Back in the days those oldboys knew how to hold gun right, spit out stupid jokes with strong Austrain accent or some unidentified jibberish thanks to paralyzed face muscles and you've wondered how cool it would be to see them together in one movie. Your chance is kind of near, however I must warn you that they could fail!

Please excuse me if you feel some kind of pressure, I never meant to harm your personalities by pressing. We all live in 21st century and there is nothing wrong now to live with gender of your own choice! Manly Zack Efron, Robert Pattinson - here are iconic men of our time. You know what, I have fabulous news for you: at August 13th Julia Roberts will carry away your soul in romantic, exotic and spiritual journey into woman's soul - this is what we all need from time to time. Or you could go and see gang of seroid junkies going crazy on violence, explicit language and racial jokes. Choice is yours...
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smeggles View Comment
    You probably enjoyed Twilight, your argument is invalid.
    Nah, Your mindless assumption fails.

Preaching about what makes someone 'a man' and what everyone's taste in movies should be, aren't going to help promote the Expendables or the action genre. I'd like to say what it does instead but that wouldn't be very nice.