project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Hans Martin Slayer
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
[PRSP/ CO-OP] Kashan Desert: new version
Posted in: Other
Posted 2010-08-14 at 20:04 by [R-DEV]Hans Martin Slayer

Some GPO changes i made to avoid any confusion regarding PR multiplayer vehicles/ assets and AI stuff. Yes [I]we do[/I] read the suggestions forums. ;-)

[SIZE="3"]This means:[/SIZE]

- Human-only spawn points - and MP vehicles at [B]both main bases[/B], bots won't 'steal' any assets.

- The bots and their toys spawn outside the main bases, that includes all air assets.

- Spawn times are pretty low compared to multiplayer, but not too low. There's always stuff up and ready for use.

So this should bring Kashan closer to the idea of a training ground.
Views: 12798 | Comments: 18

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 18
  1. Old Comment
    Sweet
  2. Old Comment
    Doesnt help much of us if you just listen to the COOP suggestions ^^
  3. Old Comment
    Sounds great. Humans rule.
  4. Old Comment
    Yeah, finally the human kind gets some respect XD LOL
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChizNizzle View Comment
    Doesnt help much of us if you just listen to the COOP suggestions ^^
    Considering Hans is a PRSP dev, taking on multiplayer issues isn't much use to him either.
  6. Old Comment
    good news
    Posted 2010-08-14 at 22:19 by -|Tactic|-Japsen -|Tactic|-Japsen is offline
  7. Old Comment
    Quick Q: will the bots still get jets and bomb the helll out of us?
    Otherwise good job!
  8. Old Comment
    This is an improvement but the reason I dislike Kashan COOP currently is that the bots have jets, which constantly bomb you and ridiculously outmaneuver you in dogfights. I like bots when they're moving target practice, not when they're raping you from above.

The bots use flares well so it's difficult to shoot them down before they bomb you, if you do shoot one jet down another one quickly comes along with a fresh load of bombs when you're out of missiles.

Besides, training mode could of easily been improved. For instance taking away Opfor's assets so there's less incentive for players to fight instead of train.
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snazz View Comment
    This is an improvement but the reason I dislike Kashan COOP currently is that the bots have jets, which constantly bomb you and ridiculously outmaneuver you in dogfights. I like bots when they're moving target practice, not when they're raping you from above.

The bots use flares well so it's difficult to shoot them down before they bomb you, if you do shoot one jet down another one quickly comes along with a fresh load of bombs when you're out of missiles.

Besides, training mode could of easily been improved. For instance taking away Opfor's assets so there's less incentive for players to fight instead of train.
    The bots will still have jets and stuff, they just will have all of them outside of the human bases. I usually just ride around in a tank and shoot down helis anyways so its fine with me
  10. Old Comment
    Great to hear that, but I agree with Snazz, training could've been improved instead of being thrown away. People tend to treat Co-op as a bot annihilation mode, not training; as before some asshats treated training as a base-rape mode. ;]