project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > AfterDune
18 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
AD Framework v1.1 released!
Posted in: Uncategorized
Posted 2010-08-26 at 14:26 by [R-DEV]AfterDune

Today, a new version of the AD Framework has been released!

If you don't know what this is, in short, the AD Framework provides Server Administrators with easy ways to administrate their server in-game.

Don't close the window, read on, as there are changes that also benefit you.

How do I recognize enabled servers?

The new version has a "sponsor message" built-in, which displays a message every five minutes, saying "This server is powered by the AD Framework". This is a message of appreciation towards me, but also a notification towards you, as this means you are allowed to use certain commands.
Please note this message is optional, Server Administrators can disable it. By default, it's turned on.

So what's in it for me?

!shownext
People always want to know what the next map is. Instead of asking a server admin, simply type "!shownext" in any chat (squad, team or global) and you'll receive the answer in a personal message, which gets displayed on the top of the screen. By default, you'll also hear a beep.

!report, !r
Now also available, a report function. If you use !report (or short, !r), your report will be sent to all in-game administrators. How to use this? Easy, simply type "!report [partial playername] [reason]" in any chat. For example: !report somename stealing assets.

!version
If you're interested what version the server is running and want to know which modules are enabled, simply use this command. It will send you a personal message with the requested information.

I want to know more!

Feel free to read the Installation and User Guide, to know more about the possibilities of the AD Framework.

I hope both Server Administrators as well as players will enjoy this new version!
Views: 23009 | Comments: 17

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 17
  1. Old Comment
    nice work AD, the !Shownext for players has been something I've wanted for a long time
  2. Old Comment
    FINALLY also will this mean sever are going to stop crashing as much???
  3. Old Comment
    cheers for this wonderfull tool

one little thing tho

if you as a admin use !swapteams when everyone is ingame playing the enemy will get the same outfit as you

me and butlerdom tried this on Muttrah skirmish and we used that comment then a enemy came running towards us ( UKWF death=from=above) and he had exact the same costume as us but having a US gun and his friend had that aswell
    Updated 2010-08-27 at 16:42 by Subblaze
  4. Old Comment
    Thank you for this
  5. Old Comment
    thats sweet! nice work
    Posted 2010-08-27 at 16:50 by 0n3-sh0t-0n3-k1LL 0n3-sh0t-0n3-k1LL is offline
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Subblaze View Comment
    cheers for this wonderfull tool

one little thing tho

if you as a admin use !swapteams when everyone is ingame playing the enemy will get the same outfit as you

me and butlerdom tried this on Muttrah skirmish and we used that comment then a enemy came running towards us ( UKWF death=from=above) and he had exact the same costume as us but having a US gun and his friend had that aswell
    Well, you should only use that command when nobody has spawned yet, otherwise yes, this is the effect. Thing is, sometimes you can't swap a player, if he's "stuck" in a vehicle, etc. So I'm not killing all players first, that's a bit weird. Just use the command in "pre-game".
  7. Old Comment
    Installed and running on GamingAU BigD server 1.
    Looks good AD
    thx