project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Outlawz7
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
The witch is dead....
Posted in: Mapping
Posted 2011-01-22 at 11:41 by [R-DEV]Outlawz7

And you can keep the dog. Certainly won't be seen with the next major release.

[QUOTE]MAPS: Deleted Wanda Shan per Outlawz request (danke) 2033[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="4"][QUOTE]MAPS: Deleted Wanda Shan[/QUOTE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"][QUOTE]Deleted Wanda Shan[/QUOTE][/SIZE]

[YOUTUBE]rHJoj9IqeKg[/YOUTUBE]

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__HQWKX8g3_0/SSH9d2NxK-I/AAAAAAAAA90/n4tbQfYDdZw/s400/HappyKittenDoesItRite.jpg[/IMG]
Views: 72251 | Comments: 67

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 67
  1. Old Comment
    Outlawz - the loudest are haters. :Z You can't give up, just because someone can't stand teamwork. Please reconsider it. I played it on TG and PRTA and it was excellent experience, actually some of actions were one of the best in my PR gaming. It is demanding map, ok, but leave it for demanding servers then?

And look how ppl reacted/react about deviation, rally points, new blood effect, kit pickups - everything that needs some adjustment. It's always lot of whining and crying, but people adjust and then they see and realize how these new things contribute to the PR idea. I barely experienced so teamwork/transport minded APC drivers like on Wanda, when they actually carry and stick to troops.

There is so bad maps in PR that needs update or removal- siege at ochamachira std, asad khal, etc.

Please reconsider. Me gives you a cookie then!
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robert-The-Bruce View Comment
    I hope you are not serious!

The main problem I see with this map is the following:

-It's never PLAYED!

I've played it thrice. Twice it was good, once it was bad. And tbh it was only bad because there was zero teamwork, which is a common symptom on 4x4km maps.

Just my 2 Eurocents on the subject
    THRICE! Awesome word.

About the map, I never really liked it, but I didn't think it should be deleted. Hopefully another Russia vs. China map will surface.
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moonlight View Comment
    You gotta be kidding me, delete Kashan instead. o.O
    You sir shall die in a fire for such a blasphemous suggestion.

-snip-
    Updated 2011-01-23 at 01:49 by Jigsaw (edited due to lack of constructive criticism)
  4. Old Comment
    id prefer burning sands to be released than wanda shan tbh, ill miss you
  5. Old Comment
    Wonderful map that simply needed a rethink. shames.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by richyrich55 View Comment
    You sir shall die in a fire for such a blasphemous suggestion.
    And I was serious saying that. Every single time I play Kashan as inf I spend entire round near bunkers. If anyone manages to push further then the map usually ends since after capping both bunker points village is easily overrun by armor, bombed by jets since usually no one bothers to setup defenses there ergo extremely easy to cap. Not to mention outposts.

Now my point is not that Kashan is bad but the fact it has been played zillion of times and has been around for a lot of time meaning that there rarely will be any surprising new tactics in use. Heck, ppl tend to know where every single rock is... Or a palm in that matter.

New map = more diversity, new strategies, players first have to find out how to play certain map meaning it needs to be played at least dozen of times to have a general idea.

And finally the usual argument why Wanda is bad can be countered with simple vehicle layout change. As far as I know all people are whining about all the time is lack of transport on standard layout.
    First of all - it's actually players' issue. On Wanda standard layout tanks are finally tanks and APCs are finally APCs. Lack of other source of trans forces players to use them. It means that on that map, contrary to let's say Muttrah, it's the APC crew that can screw up the round for the whole team.

As I said - players have to find the way to play it. Without inf-armor cohesion or at least a dedicated APC squad that would actually do their job team is going to loose.
    That doesn't mean there's something wrong with the map itself, it's just more demanding then the average.

At the top of all of that, there is currently a layout with trans choppers, there's nothing stopping anyone from running this one instead of stnd layout.
    And one more thing - I bet there's nothing actually stopping anyone(including Outlawz) from creating a topic discussing the number/type of assets used/ Deletion of a newly introduced 4x4 map with horrendous potential would be a terrible waste. When you manage mine a diamond you don't whine how flawed it is and throw away. You take it, work on it, cut it to finally make it a masterpiece.
    [/wall of text]
  7. Old Comment
    meh, I didn't like it
  8. Old Comment
    I almost forgot about it by how much we never play it.
    Why? Because it
    A) sucks
    B) sucks for vehicles
    C) sucks for infantry
    D) has the most awful flags
    E) has the most awful spawns
    F) has no cover
  9. Old Comment
    I enjoyed the armor action on the map, and the infantry have plenty of places to hide a TOW/HAT guy. The choppers are surely kings of the map, making it an overall great asset map. Transport is lacking when your APCs forget what their job is and get wasted wandering around in the forest. So I can see how some servers with less teamwork may want to keep this one off the map list, but I have had some very fun games on it.

What I liked most was the open lanes of sight between the wooded areas, it made for tense infantry crossings and great armor campsites.

I really feel there are some other maps that need more work then this one, namely; Iron Eagle (the MEC/IDF one an earlier poster mentioned) with it's buggy tunnel system, Kokan main as well as some illogical cache locations, and Burning Sands lag inducing statics.

Hopefully this map will make a return when the kinks get worked out, I'm already missing it.
  10. Old Comment
    I thought it was nice... Needs air transport though