project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Outlawz7
08 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
The witch is dead....
Posted in: Mapping
Posted 2011-01-22 at 11:41 by [R-DEV]Outlawz7

And you can keep the dog. Certainly won't be seen with the next major release.

[QUOTE]MAPS: Deleted Wanda Shan per Outlawz request (danke) 2033[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="4"][QUOTE]MAPS: Deleted Wanda Shan[/QUOTE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"][QUOTE]Deleted Wanda Shan[/QUOTE][/SIZE]

[YOUTUBE]rHJoj9IqeKg[/YOUTUBE]

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__HQWKX8g3_0/SSH9d2NxK-I/AAAAAAAAA90/n4tbQfYDdZw/s400/HappyKittenDoesItRite.jpg[/IMG]
Views: 72047 | Comments: 67

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 67
  1. Old Comment
    Played it once. Best addition in last version (Kokan is overrated and I really havn't been able to play Burning Sands porperly because of lag and crashes).

So... ffs.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dragunover View Comment
    I almost forgot about it by how much we never play it.
    Why? Because it

E) has the most awful spawns
    F) has no cover
    E) What? What do you mean by that. Main base doesn't really matter too much since you aren't going to be there 80% of the time.

F) The map is covered with forests and hilly terrain and you say there is no cover on the map?

The map is perfect for Project Reality. If you have two good sides, you have equal chance winning.

The only problem which people find frustrating right now is the lack of transportation since most APC squads don't care about infantry. (They just look for kills) So adding a transport chopper or two would help. What also would help is perhaps adding larger villages to add more diversity to the map or create other objectives other than inside forests.
  3. Old Comment
    Nooooooooooo!

Lag issues and asset tweaking aside, Wanda is a good map. I like her. She is cool. I like cool cats to hang out with. Keep this broad around a while longer is what i say, she's good company.
    I think its bad rep was due to a rough launch (the massive lag issues, now mostly fixed)

CAN YOU IMAGINE THIS BABY AFTER 64 PLAYERS IS A THING OF THE PAST!? OMG! She's a keeper.
    Updated 2011-02-23 at 01:59 by ThirdSin
  4. Old Comment
    Its a real shame that for some reason we feel the need to thin the PR maps out so much that we drop anything that seems in some ways unpalatable or different.

Wanda Shan was definitely one of my favorite maps when played on TG, when most of the team is coordinated with mumble. The lack of air transport requires A LOT more coordination than other maps such such as Jabal, Baracuda, Muttra, ect, but is ultimately much more rewarding because it leads to real mechanized infantry tactics.

Wanda Shan had some of the best CQ forest combat, as well as infantry-CAS cooperation due to the prevalence of armor. Although, I do think there should have been only 1 atkchopper per side spawned at a time. And if you still have a problem, the alternate layout was traditional PR + some extra lag, but no more than Yamallia.

If anything I think Barracuda, Siege at Ochi, or Qinling should be dropped, because they play about the same every time, Qinling is bland as hell, and Ochi is arguably broken.
  5. Old Comment
    Good decision. The map isn't fun in its current state, especially for infantry who don't have any choppers for transport. Right now there are 26 maps with more coming with the next release for the new community factions. Removing some of the weaker maps for new maps is definitely a good idea. You should also remove Siege at Ochamchira, because nobody ever plays that map.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thomas276 View Comment
    Good decision. The map isn't fun in its current state, especially for infantry who don't have any choppers for transport. Right now there are 26 maps with more coming with the next release for the new community factions. Removing some of the weaker maps for new maps is definitely a good idea. You should also remove Siege at Ochamchira, because nobody ever plays that map.
    ......You obviously didn't read that guy's post just inches above your did you?

(the one about how we feel this need to throw out any map that shows any sign of weakness.)

Anyways, Wanda Shan was one of those maps I REALLY enjoyed. I don't really see why a lot of these maps are staying in anyways, yet all the ones i REALLY enjoy and really feel have this... unique feel to them are getting shoved out.

(Eg. Operation Ghost, Ejod (a very simple, nice beginner map that could be made bigger) plus maps that are never played: like Siege, plus maps that are actually a part of the SP mappack rather than in the game.

There are so many of the older maps i'd rather play than the new shit, and even some of the new stuff i'd rather play than the old stuff. (Muttrah is great, we get this. Now please add some destroyed buildings since we've been fighting there for AGES. For the LOVE of god, why does it look like a pristine city when I know we've been battling there. Destructable buildings or something geez.)

Then you get maps like Al Basrah that I really enjoy, but the texture pallet looks like Ramiel... and that gets to annoying me.

Where other maps (Like Wanda Shan and Qwai) look nothing alike it seems....

>_>
  7. Old Comment
    Aye, I've seen today via the overviews that the comments havent swayed his mind to return it, Wanda is officially out, truly a shame that this map is getting removed from PR due to loud whiners complaining about the map, definitely doesnt deserve her fate, Goodbye Wanda