project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > UK_Force
17 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
[Afghanistan Lecture]A night which proves to be very interesting
Posted in: Other
Posted 2011-02-28 at 11:17 by UK_Force

If anyone is interested there is going to be a guest speaker talking about his experiences in Afghanistan, from a soldiers point of view.

These are very, very interesting lectures, and worthwhile if you have any interest in this conflict, and what its actually like "on the ground" in Afghanistan.

As a Light Dragoon he was involved in Operation Panthers Claw, which in itself was a very interesting Op !!

You also get some time to visit the exhibts prior, along with a Cafe / Bar for refreshments.

If anyone is thinking of going all the details are included below, and if you post here too, we could all meet up prior (I will be attending myself).

[QUOTE]BOVINGTON TANK MUSEUM LECTURE 7.30pm THURSDAY 24 MARCH 2011

As part of its season of winter evening lectures, the Tank Museum at Bovington has invited Captain Noel Swales, Light Dragoons, to give a talk on his experiences from several tours in Afghanistan. Under the title ?An Almighty Punchy Tour? he will describe the terrain, climate, logistics, casualty procedures and personal challenges, illustrated with his own stories and those of his soldiers. He will also reflect on tour lengths, R&R, communications to and from home and the reactions of young officers and soldiers to some of the fiercest fighting since WW2. A week or two after his talk, the Museum will open its new Afghanistan Exhibition, which the Light Dragoons have helped to create.

Typically an evening lecture at the Museum attracts between 80 and 100 people. Will you help us to double the audience by coming along and by spreading the word among your friends, especially those who have not served in the Services and would appreciate a soldier?s view of the war? Tickets are priced at ?10; the Museum will be open from 6pm so there will be an opportunity to tour the collection of vehicles and exhibits before the lecture starts.

Please contact me by e-mail [email][email protected][/email] to reserve your tickets; cheques should then be made out to The Tank Museum and posted to the Tank Museum, Bovington, Dorset BH20 6JG. I look forward to seeing you in Bovington on 24 March for the first of the Colonel?s Appeal events in the South West.

Thank you.

Jeremy Selfe
[/QUOTE]
Views: 13663 | Comments: 14

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 14
  1. Old Comment
    Someone needs to record this for people who can't make it for whatever reasons.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    agreed.... any PR players able to attend and bring along a vid cam?
  3. Old Comment
    Sounds awesome, even a written record would be terrific,

Its a shame we don't have more of these things in Australia too.
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Draakon View Comment
    +1
    I would love to attend, but being all the way over in Romania, makes my situation almost impossible . I hope I can see at least a video or something.
  5. Old Comment
    It would be awesome to attend, too bad it's a bit far away for just one night :/

Someone better record this
  6. Old Comment
    I would love to attend but I'm living in Eastern Europe
  7. Old Comment
    No real need to say it, since it has already been said, but do bring a camera please.
    Posted 2011-02-28 at 14:53 by mockingbird0901 mockingbird0901 is offline
  8. Old Comment
    Id rather here it from an enlisted man and not an officer. Their experience differs greatly from that of the average soldier.
  9. Old Comment
    Please someone record this! :-/ I cant go to UK...
  10. Old Comment
    isnt there an important information issue, like classified subject matter that shouldnt be disclosed on the internet?